Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's true, Geoff, but the point is still that it appears as though the overwhelming majority of people don't have issues with it. It works perfectly for me, for example.

Harry, to refresh my memory cells, I am right in thinking that you now store all your books on the internal drive of your 512? as opposed to the SD card as you used in the 64.
Do you, also, sort your books out in 'folders'?

thanks in antic

Geoff
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't use a memory card at present on my Gen3, and nor do I use folders.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't use a memory card at present on my Gen3, and nor do I use folders.

Thank you...worth knowing....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
As I wanted to benefit from the" faster and buffered key detection" and the "better event management" I took the chance yesterday. Everything went smoothly and pageturns seem to be faster now (I'm not going to test to see if its a placebo-effect or not - I like it :P)

No lockups or other problems.

The battery-calibration is something I can live with, I am trying to keep the battery fully charged at all times, and when there is no chance to recharge it wont change anything really - I'm gonna ready as long as I can

Thanks for all the input to everybody!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #20
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
The battery-calibration is something I can live with, I am trying to keep the battery fully charged at all times, and when there is no chance to recharge it wont change anything really
I deliberately let it cycle the first few times. That will calibrate the power meter and it will spare me from surprises. BTW this time was the first time I lost the position in a book. When the unit was recharged I switched it on an the book position was the point were I switched it on last time. The 20 minutes reading were not recorded. I can imagine that. The power ran out suddenly.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert