Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #166
Davy8
Davy8 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912
I've used your app for a year. It really is a great app. For now, I launch it from the apps menu because I can't find the "system/config/extensions.cfg" file or any ".cfg" containing extension/application associations. The OS verion is E912.2.1.3.

Here my config folder contents :

Spoiler:
\system\config
global.cfg
fbreader.cfg
a2dp.cfg
styles.xml
tsc.dat
widgets.cfg
browser.ini
network.cfg
global.cfg.bak
cookies.ini
handlers.cfg
pbimageviewer.cfg
PocketNews.dat
rsslist.cfg

\system\config\widgets\eBook
eBook.cfg
obreey.bmp
libri.bmp

\system\config\widgets\config
variant1.cfg

\system\config\explorer-2
explorer-2.cfg

Last edited by Davy8; 12-31-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Davy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #167
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy8 View Post
I've used your app for a year. It really is a great app. For now on, I launch it from the apps menu because I can't find the "system/config/extensions.cfg" file or any ".cfg" containing extension/application associations. The OS verion is E912.2.1.3.
You need to create the file yourself within the config folder. And remember to use a text editor that can save the file with Unix linefeed-only line endings. The default Windows linefeed+carriage_return ending won't be parsed properly by the ereader. Many people recommend Notepad++ for that.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #168
Namuh
Namuh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Hi, I've got a question, I own Pocketbook Color LUX, and it unfortunately doesn't support comic book formats like cbr or cbz, so I was glad when i found this app, but there still is a major problem, all my comics are shown in gray scale. Is there any update for this app, or maybe some configration option that will display comics in color?
Namuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #169
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuh View Post
Hi, I've got a question, I own Pocketbook Color LUX, and it unfortunately doesn't support comic book formats like cbr or cbz, so I was glad when i found this app, but there still is a major problem, all my comics are shown in gray scale. Is there any update for this app, or maybe some configration option that will display comics in color?
No, there isn't any configuration option for this right now; all images are converted to gray scale. I'll take a look at making it an option, but it may take a while. Besides the image format conversion routines, stuff like the cartoon panel detection and display settings will also be affected by this. I should also warn you that the program will feel much slower when drawing large colour images.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #170
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
Thanks for the fix rkomar, now its working like a charm.
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #171
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
hi there,
thanks for this program - but I have a problem..
I loaded the pbimageviewer.app-3XX.zip from the first post copied it in the appl.-folder, in the bin folder, build an extensions.cfg and put some cbr-files in a folder on my PB 622 - but no result. I can see the files in the bibliothek but when I try to open nothing happened -after some seconds of "loading" it returns to the starting folder...
when I try to open it from the applications screen, its also not starting..
what do i wrong?? :-(

Last edited by Montyp535; 12-27-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #172
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyp535 View Post
hi there,
thanks for this program - but I have a problem..
I loaded the pbimageviewer.app-3XX.zip from the first post copied it in the appl.-folder, in the bin folder, build an extensions.cfg and put some cbr-files in a folder on my PB 622 - but no result. I can see the files in the bibliothek but when I try to open nothing happened -after some seconds of "loading" it returns to the starting folder...
when I try to open it from the applications screen, its also not starting..
what do i wrong?? :-(
You should use the pbimageviewer.app-Pro-360+ version instead. The 3XX is for the old 301, 302 and 360 devices produced many years ago. The programs for those are incompatible with newer devices.

P.S. I bought myself a 623 some months ago, and noticed that many things didn't work well on the newer Touch devices as compared to my 902. Since I have some time over the holidays, I'll try to get those fixed and upload a new version within the next few days.

Last edited by rkomar; 12-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #173
rkomar
Wizard

I fixed up some things that didn't work well on my 623. The pagemap icon in the status bar looks better on that device. I also made the Help page only show information on the buttons that the device has. The Next/Prev buttons navigate the panels on the devices without D-pads. I added support for colour on the Colour Lux models (by selecting 24 bit depth in the Display Settings menu for colour (the default), or 8 bit depth if grayscale is preferred). For colourless devices, it's recommended to leave the depth at 8 bits, because the images are smaller and faster to process.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone with a Colour Lux device. Do colour images show up properly? Does the Configuration page work properly? I guessed that this device uses the same new configuration structures that the latest 622/623 models do, but I don't know that for a fact.

Happy New year everyone!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #174
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
thanks for the fast help - now it works!!
also happy new year!
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #175
luigibrosse
luigibrosse began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch
Hi,

just come by to say thank you again. I have upgraded my 622 (fw + pbimageviewer) and everything seems to work even better!
luigibrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #176
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigibrosse View Post
just come by to say thank you again. I have upgraded my 622 (fw + pbimageviewer) and everything seems to work even better!

(plus a few more characters to make the MR software happy)
Old 03-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #177
georgevalua
georgevalua began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux Limited edition (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I fixed up some things that didn't work well on my 623. The pagemap icon in the status bar looks better on that device. I also made the Help page only show information on the buttons that the device has. The Next/Prev buttons navigate the panels on the devices without D-pads. I added support for colour on the Colour Lux models (by selecting 24 bit depth in the Display Settings menu for colour (the default), or 8 bit depth if grayscale is preferred). For colourless devices, it's recommended to leave the depth at 8 bits, because the images are smaller and faster to process.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone with a Colour Lux device. Do colour images show up properly? Does the Configuration page work properly? I guessed that this device uses the same new configuration structures that the latest 622/623 models do, but I don't know that for a fact.

Happy New year everyone!
Dear Author,
You asked below on some feedback from those who installed last version on 623 models.
The app does not launch on my PB 623 (Touch Lux Limited Edition). I click on application (I see it), the display refreshes than returns to its initial view, the application does not open.
-Downloaded pro version and unpacked it (pbimageviewer.app)
-Copied pbimageviewer.app in the application folder (I see the application in my applications list, so no pb up to now),
-I also copied app to the system/bin folder,
-I did not find "system/config/extensions.cfg" on my devise so in the system folder I created a subfolder config and there I copied your file config.cfg that you posted on the forum (it was a .txt file with your code that I changed to .cfg).
-I click on the application and it does not launch.
Could you help to resolve the problem, make the application work on my device?
Let me know if you need any additional information.
Many thanks in advance.
georgevalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #178
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevalua View Post
Dear Author,
You asked below on some feedback from those who installed last version on 623 models.
The app does not launch on my PB 623 (Touch Lux Limited Edition). I click on application (I see it), the display refreshes than returns to its initial view, the application does not open.
-Downloaded pro version and unpacked it (pbimageviewer.app)
-Copied pbimageviewer.app in the application folder (I see the application in my applications list, so no pb up to now),
-I also copied app to the system/bin folder,
-I did not find "system/config/extensions.cfg" on my devise so in the system folder I created a subfolder config and there I copied your file config.cfg that you posted on the forum (it was a .txt file with your code that I changed to .cfg).
-I click on the application and it does not launch.
Could you help to resolve the problem, make the application work on my device?
Let me know if you need any additional information.
Many thanks in advance.
To start, would you tell me what the Device Model and firmware version is? You can find that information in the Settings->About_Device menu.

The copy in the applications directory is for looking at jpeg/png/tiff/... images that are stored in their own files. If you start it, you should see a Directory Chooser widget come up for selecting the directory the images are in. If that doesn't come up, then there definitely is some kind of binary incompatibility.

The copy in system/bin is automatically used by the Library app when you select an archive file (CBZ, CBR,...) to view. If you set up the extensions.cfg file correctly, then you should be able to see the archive files within the Library app, and if you do a long press on the archive file, you should see a menu with "Open" as one of the items. If you don't see that, then the extensions haven't been defined properly yet. If you do see that, then the Library app will try to launch system/bin/pbimageviewer.app to read the archive if you select it. However, if the copy in applications won't launch, then it's likely that the one in system/bin won't work either via the Library app.

Do you have WiFi access to your device? If so, are you willing to try to do some debugging via a telnet session to the reader?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #179
Ganon
Ganon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch - Pocketbook Color Lux
Thank you for the last update and show the colors the Pocketbook Color Lux !
Ganon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #180
rkomar
Wizard

Huh! I wasn't able test the colour images myself, so I'm glad to hear that it actually works. Thanks for the feedback.