Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #61
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Goodreader is one of the best apps i know on iphone and iPad
+1
Its PDF reading abilities are a sideline, its use a file manager is far more useful.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #62
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
didn't eve think of emailing the attachments. lol. they ought to change the name to "good Swiss army knife"
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #63
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
they ought to change the name to "good Swiss army knife"
lol so true!
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #64
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
That ghttp trick is really neat. Thanks for the tip.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #65
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

2.8 update just released..

i think someone was asking for it, it now supports horizontal page scrolling. pre-caching for faster turning. vga output adapter. 2 page layout. crop margins. rotate page files. and the usual, bug fixes.
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #66
scottjl
Reader of Books

i am very happy with the 2.8 release, it was already a fast viewer but it's even quicker. and the new tap zones are a huge improvement over the old goofy ones (which are still available).

apple ought to just buy this one and include it with every ipad already.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #67
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
i am very happy with the 2.8 release, it was already a fast viewer but it's even quicker. and the new tap zones are a huge improvement over the old goofy ones (which are still available).

apple ought to just buy this one and include it with every ipad already.
Agreed. Some really nice improvements in this release - the cropping tools are a great feature.

When Apple announced PDF support for iBooks, I wondered what that would mean for apps like GoodReader, but I don't think they have anything to worry about with the feature set they're building.

Last edited by Trubu; 06-13-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 AM   #68
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Cropping is the uber feature!!!

I just had to format (crop) such a lot of PDF's before moving it to Goodreader but now i can download them directly to goodreader and use the cropping feature. That App is just the best!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 AM   #69
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
am i the only one who loves the double pages and doublepages+cover option?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 AM   #70
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
The 2-up display totally made my day. I have a zillion art books and now they display correctly!

There are only three features left that I'm looking for now:
  • A pretty Bookshelf view
  • CBZ/CBR support
  • And a weird one but would be totally useful for me: the ability to display a PDF's pages in reverse order, the way comic-book readers have a "manga" mode. I have countless Japanese PDFs of scanned books, and this would allow the correct right-to-left page flow. For a few files I've actually tried making a new PDF with the pages manually reversed (which Goodreader of course displays nicely) but what a pain. A "Right-to-left view" toggle would be much nicer.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #71
dweller
dweller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle DXi, Apple iPad 64GB 3G
It's a pretty awesome app. I would like to be able to open any generic epub file via an "Open In..." type option to launch any other app... Stanza / iBooks etc.

Or even actual epub support in GoodReader would be awesome
dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #72
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Cropping is the uber feature!!!

I just had to format (crop) such a lot of PDF's before moving it to Goodreader but now i can download them directly to goodreader and use the cropping feature. That App is just the best!
This one is huge for me. Several of the books publishers released as free PDFs last year still had crop marks in them, plus headers and footers that didn't convert well at all for use on the Kindle. I consigned all those to the "maybe someday" pile; now I'm able to read them with ease.

Wish I could save those changes and export them though; my husband has a couple of long out of print scanned books that could use a fast, easy cleanup before printing them out and binding them. Not a project that's worth buying Acrobat for!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #73
scottjl
Reader of Books

http://goodreader.net/gr-man-tr-usb....SB_ShowDetails

goodreader usb is apparently back and lets you sync to/from your device without having to go through itunes. i tried it out, works just fine with my ipad and my iphone versions of goodreader.

it is available for both windows and mac platforms.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #74
Sischa
Evangelist

A feature what was already there but is worth to be mentioned is FTP Support!

Its awsom. I am using it with a DLink 323 Network storage which provides a build in FTP Server.

You can connect to a FTP Server and download and upload files without any problem. Now that makes goodreader to my nr1 tool in organizing files.

No other tool needed anymore.

Now is just need *.rar support besides the already existing *.zip support then it is perfect
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #75
sagiquarion
sagiquarion began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo, PRS-900 DE
for folks that have experienced update stanza for ipad and goodreader: Which do you prefer? Does it depend on which file types you are reading? I'm normally one to stick to the free apps but if this goodreader is as good as many of said, I may give it purchase....If I ever get a damn ipad. Perhaps when the prices aren't so hyped on ebay.
sagiquarion is offline   Reply With Quote