Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wasn't disappointed with the ending as some of you seem to be.

First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed Under the Dome. I did however think it could be 200 pages shorter. I started skimming after page 350 and things picked up again around 500.

I wonder what it is like to be the editor for King. I'd be scared to touch anything. I highly recommend it. It is, as others have stated, vintage King. I think my favorite is still Salem's Lot (but then maybe that's why I wish UtD was shorter!).
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #32
mikemck
Enthusiast
mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!mikemck goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS 300, IPod Touch (Stanza)
[QUOTE=mgrunk;727544 I guess I just expected something more profound for the amount of loss suffered.).[/QUOTE]

I felt exactly the same way.

I really enjoyed Big Jim as an antagonist though:

Spoiler:
His "eating roast beef and mash potatoes with Jesus in heaven" line is both funny, and kind of scary
mikemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #33
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
I think my favorite is still Salem's Lot (but then maybe that's why I wish UtD was shorter!).
Yes it was my favorite also...
It was my first King book and it was the first book I ever read that actually scared me...
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #34
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed Under the Dome. I did however think it could be 200 pages shorter. I started skimming after page 350 and things picked up again around 500.
Agree. It was like King jammed a 600 page novel into 1000 pages.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote