Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #46
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'd actually need something capable of running Stanza, like a itouch
Right... missed that. You don't have an iPod touch?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #47
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Don't listen to music
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't listen to music
Neither do I. I use mine for podcasts and audiobooks. Although I don't have an iPod touch buy a classic.

BOb
Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #49
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find the rate of information transfer afforded by the aural medium too low to keep my interest. The only time I could see listening to audio would be while driving and I drive very little, so it's not worth it.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I find the rate of information transfer afforded by the aural medium too low to keep my interest. The only time I could see listening to audio would be while driving and I drive very little, so it's not worth it.
Agreed... that's when I listen, while driving and also while walking (a necessary evil.)

BOb
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #51
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

While walking I prefer to talk to myself
Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #52
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Online catalog via Stanza still works for me, albeit, I haven't upgraded from 0.5.9, yet. I don't really shut down my PC, nor do I close Calibre so I only upgrade the same time I install Windows updates. I'll close Calibre and try the latest release when I get home to check.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #53
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
This is what I'm receiving in the Calibre Server error log when I try to connect to the catalog.

[04/Jun/2009:20:39:17] ENGINE Bus STARTING
[04/Jun/2009:20:39:17] ENGINE Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
[04/Jun/2009:20:39:17] ENGINE Serving on 0.0.0.0:8080
[04/Jun/2009:20:39:17] ENGINE Bus STARTED
[04/Jun/2009:20:39:36] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy/_cprequest.pyo", line 606, in respond
File "cherrypy/_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/library/server.py", line 36, in do
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/library/server.py", line 281, in stanza
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #54
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Make sure you dont have any blank authors in your book list
Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #55
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Make sure you dont have any blank authors in your book list
Thanks! That was the problem.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #56
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Calibre+itouch+stanza+laptop-adhoc-wifi worked for me, albiet many hits and misses. i also remember having the /stanza problem, but dont remember how i solved it. I was able to download a truck load of docs-->feedbooks->computer->calibre->itouch stanza.

Maybe there is some sort of firewall issue related to the calibre port and bonjour service.
And because i was using an adhoc wifi, i am not too sure if the combo will work again for me.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #57
warlock69
warlock69 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have the same problem, but Stanza was working with Calibre, until I upgraded the version of Calibre. Stanza 1.8.1 is the version I'm using.
warlock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #58
warlock69
warlock69 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Actually, pointing my PC browser at http://192.168.0.15:8005/stanza returns an empty catalog, which is what Stanza complains about as well. http://192.168.0.15:8005 on the PC returns the usual web catalog. So maybe a calibre problem? What does cslibre add to /stanza that is different?
warlock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You shouldn't append /stanza to the URL anymore. The instructions in this thread are slightly out of date. See

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...with-my-iphone
Old 06-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #60
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
You shouldn't append /stanza to the URL anymore. The instructions in this thread are slightly out of date. See

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...with-my-iphone
Instructions in the FAQ aren't very clear either. Does the latest version of Calibre still have the online catalog or has it been replaced by the Bonjour-ish interface?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote