Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
"Night Shade Books: What Went Wrong?"

While the news of Night Shade's supposed acquisition by Skyhorse Publishing isn't quite hot -- or even tepid -- off the presses, I haven't read much about it on Mobile Read. For those interested in the publishing future of horror and dark fantasy, this piece by a former Night Shade consultant might be of interest.

"Night Shade Books: What Went Wrong?"

Many people have wondered what's going to happen to the books on Night Shade's publishing schedule, and to the authors who have been associated with the imprint in the past.

In particular, many have been concerned about the fates of Ellen Datlow's new anthology and of Laird Barron's The Beautiful Thing that Awaits Us All, about which he posted the following on his Facebook page:

Quote:
I appreciate the kind words regarding the situation with Night Shade and my new collection. I don't have any new information, but am certain that will change in the days to come.

Meanwhile, I just want to thank my readers and fans. I am saddened that the ongoing delay of release has affected preorders. My hope is that all will be resolved in a positive manner--meanwhile, I'm sorry this is affecting the folks who've loyally supported me over the years.

Thank you to Ross Lockhart, John Adams, Marty Halpern, and Claudia Noble. Ross in particular has been a stalwart advocate for many authors.

Finally, thanks to my agents Janet Reid and Heather Evans who are exhibits A & B of why an author needs representation.

More when there's more to tell.
Barron's blog post about the status of his collection is available here.

The latest on the acquisition of Night Shade is available here.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote