Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #3946
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Defunct sites?

I've just done a check on all the support sites and found several that appear to be defunct now.

Does anybody know any reason why I shouldn't remove these from the program?

http://netraptor.org
"(Down indefinitely due to hack. Visit fanfiction.net!)"

http://www.simplyundeniable.com
http://www.wizardtales.net
No connection

http://www.checkmated.com
http://stargate-atlantis.org
Site gone, parked domain name

http://www.henneth-annun.net
Moved to AO3

http://www.twiwrite.net
"404 NotFound"

http://www.dotmoon.net
"2/20/2015: The display pages of the archive have been repaired. All
of the stories and artwork can now be accessed and viewed if you have
the direct link. A rebuild of the index pages is in progress."
Note the 'direct link'. I don't have any, so I can't test if it would still work.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:20 AM   #3947
thatblondelady
Enthusiast
thatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre/iBooks/Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
In this case, it's nothing to do with your settings--ffnet changed the HTML for the story images a little bit--but enough that FFDL can't find them anymore with the code it's been using.

It's not a horrible problem, I've attached a test version of FFDL that should fix it.

But I'm not in a great position to release a new version of FFDL for everyone right now--I'm ~90% down the path to FanFicFare instead.
That is absolutely fair. It's not a horrible problem for me either. I was convinced it was something in my settings and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the heck was wrong in my settings. Thanks for the fix. I really appreciate it.

The test version of FanFicFare is working flawlessly for me, other than this HTML problem, which isn't a dealbreaker by any stretch. THANKS AGAIN!
Advert
Old 04-13-2015, 12:32 AM   #3948
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FanFicFare

Here's another test version of FanFicFare.

The list of all changes since the last released FFDL is getting a bit long:
  • Fixes for literotica changes
  • Fix error in debug output that uses wrong variable.
  • Change date format for onedirectionfanfiction.com.
  • Explicit html parse for BS4 when reading in existing epub. For cal 1.48.
  • Fix for PI - eFiction Base adapter Anthology Series string
  • Update translations
Changes since the last FanFicFare test version:
  • Change the FanFicFare icon to green so it's visibly distinct from FFDL.
  • Change the name and URLs in more places.
  • Change some menu & gui details to be clearer.
  • Fix for ffnet's latest change to story/cover image.
  • Fix problems found during trawl through all sites -- thehookupzone.net and libraryofmoria.com now use eFiction Base.
  • Remove defunct sites - see earlier post.
  • Add option to check ffnet auth img vs cover img and not use author images as book covers. Defaults to on, add skip_author_cover:false to [fanfiction.net] section if you like author image covers.

Unless problems are reported, this is likely to be the last test version before FanFicFare gets it's own thread.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-15-2015 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #3949
thatblondelady
Enthusiast
thatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheese

Everything in the test version seems to be working flawlessly. I happened to have to update one of my anthologies this morning, and that worked fine, and all my usual updates ran correctly as well. THANK YOU AGAIN!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #3950
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Wiki Pages

(Thanks, thatblondelady! )

I've spent most of the day updating the wiki documents for FanFicFare, especially the FAQs page, if anyone's willing to review them.

I'm looking more for things that need fixing than things to add right now.

Anyone with a GitHub account is able to update the wiki pages. I'm hoping in future that the user community will help out with documenting the questions and solutions we discuss.
Advert
Old 04-14-2015, 04:10 AM   #3951
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
Unless problems are reported, this is likely to be the last test version before FanFicFare gets it's own thread.
Considering the traffic for this thread, wouldn't this be a good time to ask for a whole subforum? That would allow for a release thread, a test thread, FAQs, etc.

N.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #3952
thatblondelady
Enthusiast

Quote:
(Thanks, thatblondelady! )

I've spent most of the day updating the wiki documents for FanFicFare, especially the FAQs page, if anyone's willing to review them.

I'm looking more for things that need fixing than things to add right now.

Anyone with a GitHub account is able to update the wiki pages. I'm hoping in future that the user community will help out with documenting the questions and solutions we discuss.
What exactly do you need done? I have time over the next few days.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #3953
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatblondelady View Post
What exactly do you need done? I have time over the next few days.
That wasn't meant for you personally, but if you'd like to help, that's great.

Right now, I'm mostly looking for some proof reading of the wiki pages.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #3954
thatblondelady
Enthusiast

I didn't figure it was, but it's a distraction from the riveting housecleaning and yardwork I have on my plate for the next few days. I'll work on 'em for you tonight and tomorrow. Right now I'm having an argument with Cover Creator, and it's winning, and we can't have that. Computers aren't allowed to tell me no.

Last edited by thatblondelady; 04-14-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 AM   #3955
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong.

Using the release from post #3948 (beta-fanficfare) I tried to update an anthology from AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/series/150066) and it comes after confirmng and says that I will loose 29 stories if I continue. (I used the "update anthology epub" entry)
Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #3956
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong.

Using the release from post #3948 (beta-fanficfare) I tried to update an anthology from AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/series/150066) and it comes after confirmng and says that I will loose 29 stories if I continue. (I used the "update anthology epub" entry)
AO3 doesn't show you higher rated stories if you're not logged in with an account with 'Show me adult content without checking.' That series only shows 11 of 40 works if you're not logged in.

Adding your AO3 user/pass in an [archiveofourown.org] in personal.ini should do it--assuming the password is current, and you have that flag set. It works for me.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:26 AM   #3957
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
AO3 doesn't show you higher rated stories if you're not logged in with an account with 'Show me adult content without checking.' That series only shows 11 of 40 works if you're not logged in.

Adding your AO3 user/pass in an [archiveofourown.org] in personal.ini should do it--assuming the password is current, and you have that flag set. It works for me.
Thanx that worked. Only thing I now have to "fix" os that the resulting epub is not really navigatible, the TOC is no longer working, was before the update
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #3958
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Why does "series" of this turn green when I place in my Personal.ini?

Quote:
category=>Angel \(1999 TV series\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel \(After the Fall\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel - Fandom=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel - the Series=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel : Fandom=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel : the Series=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel series$=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel The Series=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel The Series \(comics\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel the Souled Vampire=>Angel: The Series
category=>angel the tv series=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: After the Fall=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: After the Fall \(comics\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: the Series \(comics\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: the Series: the Series=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: the Series; Angel: After the Fall \(comics\)=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel: the Seriesies=>Angel: The Series
category=>angel: tv=>Angel: The Series
category=>Angel:the Series=>Angel: The Series
category=>AtS$=>Angel: The Series
category=>fandom: angel=>Angel: The Series
category=>Penn \(AtS\) - Fandom=>Angel: The Series
category=>Penn - Fandom=>Angel: The Series
category=>Post-NFA - Fandom=>Angel: The Series
category=>the Series=>Angel: The Series
Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #3959
PandathePanda
a toy panda

Had a look at my anthology updated from this morning, during lunch. Seems something went horribly wrong.

Sigil only sees three pages, opening the epub with 7z shows that everything is there.

Uploaded it here: tempsend.com/305ED3D9F2(its a 7z file remove the zip part of the name)
Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #3960
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Why does "series" of this turn green when I place in my Personal.ini?
The code that does the highlighting puts all the common metadata entry names (category, genre, characters, etc) in green. This includes 'series' (lowercase).

And the highlighting code isn't smart enough to recognize when it appears in a regex pattern as opposed to being an entry keyword.

It's a pretty minor problem--I don't plan to try to do anything about.
Closed Thread