Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
ruthcatrin
ruthcatrin began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Error when getting books

I have an IPad (using Stanza), and just a few days ago I was able to get books from Calibre just fine. Today all I get are error messages. I updated Calibre since there was an update just to be sure that wasn't the problem and it wasn't. The error message I'm getting:

Failed to download and import 'Starpilots Grave':failed writing downloaded book data to:/private/var/mobile/applications/2d940967-3A10-42C6-A0F4-9E36B75D7B61/tmp/downloads/download-16

get the same error message reguardless of which book I try to get.

Any ideas?
ruthcatrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try rebooting your iPad
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
ruthcatrin

no luck.

In an attempt to find a different way to get my books I managed to connect calibre to Itunes, what option do I choose from there to put books on the iPad to see if that would work?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Calibre + iPad: Start here
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
ruthcatrin

That only appears to work with the Ibooks app and not Stanza, I was hoping to avoid changing readers, though I suppose I might not have a choice.
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
ruthcatrin

that works fine for the IBooks app, which I suppose means the problem is something in Stanza, which is a pity cause I rather like that app.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The error is one that has regularly been reported with Stanza although rebooting the iDevice normally seems to clear it. The alternative to try would be to uninstall Stanza ( losing all books currently loaded into Stanza) and then re-installing it.

Unfortunately as all development of Stanza appears to have halted since Amazon bought the company it is unlikely that the underlying cause will be pinned down or the issue fixed.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote