Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
PocketPC 2003 finally here

Microsoft's new platform for PocketPC's is here and it is called Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC (Pro and Premium available). My favorite newspage already has an article about it - make sure you don't miss it!

Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC New Features List:
  • Enhanced Connection Manager user interface
  • Zero Configuration connections
  • Improved animated connectivity status icons
  • Improved connectivity bubbles
  • Always-on Bluetooth discoverability
  • Use of Bluetooth modems
  • Bluetooth beaming
  • Auto-correct spelling
  • Auto-suggest in Inbox
  • One-touch turn all radios off
  • 802.1x support
  • Certificate Management UI
  • IPSec/L2TP
  • Support for Multiple VPNs
  • IPv6 support
  • New Today screen
  • Smart Lookup in Contacts
  • Windows CE 4.2 operating systems
  • .NET Compact Framework
  • Enhanced developer support
  • 128-bit encryption strength for Crypto API
  • Improved power management
  • Windows Media Player 9 Series for Pocket PC 2003
  • Plus! Sync & Go
  • Support for Plus! Photo Story
  • Windows Movie Maker 2
  • Pictures
  • New version of Pocket Internet Explorer
  • "Jawbreaker" game
  • vCard and vCal support
  • Inbox signature support
  • New user notifications

Some of the enhancements are quite breathtaking (communication and multimedia). Makes me wonder what my next handheld will be.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:28 AM   #2
wumpi
Enthusiast
wumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it is

You can also download the Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC Emulator, but it is quite big.

You must can download the Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC SDK here and in addition, you need to download the eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 from here (about 200Mb big).
Advert
Old 06-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #3
dwmartin18
dwmartin18 began at the beginning.

Device: Axim
Hurray! It is finally here! I have been waiting for PPC 2003 for a while now. I just wish it was free.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I just bought myself an ipaq 1930, and discovered I already have WM2003, so I'm a happy camper

Regards,
Craig.