Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Baen Library

http://www.baen.com/library/

Excellent place! They've got "seed" books, ... and I'll use my current favorite author as an example. David Weber. They've got the first two books for the Honor Harrington series available in HTML download. No cost.

Made an iSilo conversion VERY easy (set for 2 links deep and convert, while you're reading chapter one.). Overall size of the book ended up at around 400kb for "The Honor Of The Queen", the second book of the series.

Overall, they have I *think* around 20 authors who've "donated". So far, I'm still going through David Webers's stuff (not simply because of his last name, either. ) and he's excellent. I am planning on going back to THIS site for quite some time.

One nice thing about ebooks, though. I don't get ink smeared all over my fingers by the end of the day after reading an ebook. Must be something about the new paperbacks these days (I liked what I read of the first two books from Mr. Weber and I went out about bought the first 8 books of the Honor Harrington series in paperback form, despite already having the ebook form of the first two. They were THAT good. )
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I love Baen! My first purchased ebook was from Baen (Weber of course). A lot of other publishers/distributors could learn from them as an example of how ebooks should be published and distributed. NO DRM on any books, and a free library of introductory books to get you interested ni the authors and their works. What a crazy idea!

It also helps that I'm already a big fan of most of the authors that publish with Baen

Hey, you can even chat with the authors in their bar....er, forums...

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert