Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
New version of Kindle for PC

Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere:

Just installed v1.10.0. I was warned that my version was going to "Expire soon"—which is something I've never experienced before... and I have no idea what it may or may not mean.

I don't know what all the changes it brings are, but I do know it adds support for two-column mode for KF8 books—all without breaking the functionality of a popular set of 3rd-party tools.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
—all without breaking the functionality of a popular set of 3rd-party tools.
That's the most important part for me, thanks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm happy they added the two-column mode for KF8 books.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I was warned that my version was going to "Expire soon"
What version did you have before that was going to expire?
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Still can't download my KF8/fixed-layout comic books (it side-loads the childrens book sample, but panel views don't quite work correctly, or at least there's no navigation keys.).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
What version did you have before that was going to expire?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Using 1.9.3 and it been telling me for a week it's going to expire on July 21 so Thank You for letting me know I can upgrade and the tools still work!
I get nagged every time I open a book about the expiration date approaching.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Using 1.9.3 and it been telling me for a week it's going to expire on July 21 so Thank You for letting me know I can upgrade and the tools still work!
I get nagged every time I open a book about the expiration date approaching.
I'm highly curious about this "expiring" notice. I'm going to leave a few older versions installed to see what happens. There hasn't been any "expiration" of old versions clear back to the betas, that I know of. Perhaps it's just a semantic expiration, but the fact that a date is given leads me to believe otherwise. I guess we'll see in a month or so.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
monstermummy
monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle
I installed it and since I have done this I cannot download books anymore?

I go to my amazon page, download to my pc, I can see them in the kindle app on my pc as they are downloading and as soon as the download is finished, the books disappear. They are not in the archive - nowhere. The number of total books jumps back to the number I had before tried the download.

I am less than impressed.
monstermummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry your upgrade didn't satisfy ... I've not experienced anything like that with the new version. I upgraded right over top of an existing 1.9.2 on Vista with no problems. And performed a brand-new installation of 1.10.0 on Windows 7 with no troubles.

What are you trying to download from your Amazon page to K4PC that wouldn't already be in your archive?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
monstermummy
monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.monstermummy can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I went through deregistering now and re- installing and can see the books now.

still cannot do anything else with them on the 3rd party tools
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, this is not the place for how that works... only that it still does. The place you got those 3rd party tools from is usually pretty good about answering questions, though.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
monstermummy

Quote:
Sorry, this is not the place for how that works... only that it still does. The place you got those 3rd party tools from is usually pretty good about answering questions, though.
I know - just wanted to mention that since the update I have problems and that I am unhappy about that as I thought it may be of interest to others. If that is not the case - apologies.

I mentioned the deregestering and regestering as that was the way I solved the problem I had initially after the update - again I thought it may be of interest.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Just installed v1.10.0. [...] without breaking the functionality of a popular set of 3rd-party tools.
I'm not having any problems with Kindle for Mac v1.10.0, so it looks like it's probably safe to upgrade on Windows or Mac.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm leaving an older pre-KF8 version of Kindle for PC on my laptop and I've upgraded the one on the desktop. So no matter what happens, I'm in not too bad a shape.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote