Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
kdude
totally non techie
kdude began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Cool new comer seeking help

I have been browsing the forums for a bit, in an attempt to understand how to converts MS Word documents into the Sony LRF formats. My objective is to converts some old classics in non-English languages into freely available ebooks.

I have translated one book and formatted it in MS Word.

I am looking for one-on-one hands on (or a classroom) - for some one to guide me through the process. I am in S Calif and willing to travel anywhere in N America - to spend, perhaps a few hours (?) with anyone who help me step by step in the conversion process.

Hopefully there is is someone close by

Thanks - Ash
kdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Welcome to the forum kdude.

To convert Word documents to LRF, you can do either of two things. You can load the file into Book Designer and format it from there (read the threads on Book Designer all over the place) or you can save it as HTML and try html2lrf part of the libprs500 package.

P.S. the underlines are links to threads you should start with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
kdude
totally non techie
kdude began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thank you Jon. I will follow up on this.
kdude is offline   Reply With Quote