Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
What file to change to re-update reader with latest update?

Tried to change fonts but bricked the reader. Can't get beyond the starting up page... by itself it keeps rebooting every minute or so and gets as far as the start up page.

It doesnt do the ten resets for some reason, but it seems that it will accept a computer link to update...

However when I run the PRS-500 updater it checks its internals and says its already up to date...

I read somewhere in this forum that it was an easy change to fool the updater into reupdating.. something like making a 1 a 0 in one of the update files...

but I cannot find it.

Somebody please help me.

I'm trying... but I'm not very good at all this.. as you can see.. But that doesn't stop me from trying...
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
pitolee
Connoisseur

Thanks to EACH! i finally found the reference:

"Unzip the firmware updater, find info about updateVersion checking from this file: ../eBookUpdater/scripts/eBookUpdaterMain.xml

Wow, use txt editor to open ../assets/updaterAssets/PRSVersion.dat, here is the version info - "100201300"

Then change this number to 100201301 or even higher, it doesn't matter.

Re-connected to pc and use PRS-500 Updater to restore, it went through the version check and reintall the firmware, my Reader is woring again!!!"

I did this and magically it all worked! AMazing..
My reader is unbricked...
Advert
Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
pitolee
Connoisseur

Thumbs up Thank you Igorsk!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Igorsk...

Have updated my reader with the clock, the smaller fonts in the table of contents, and the joystick page turn (thanks DiabloNL), and changed my default fonts to Cambria, Calibri, and Consolas. I find they work specially well at the small sizes (9pt body type). Much easier readibility than the original fonts.

I am so pleased with the results.

Thank you for making this possible through the Universal Flasher!