Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
yougottobekiddin
yougottobekiddin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-350 & prs-600
PRS-350 not recognised

I have just purchased a sony prs-350 for mums birthday and can't get calibre to recognise the device when it is plugged in.

"ERROR: No device: Cannot send: No device is connected"

I have a PRS-600 for myself and have never had a problem with it.

when I plug in the 350 I can download using the sony software (Yuck) but the calibre program just doesn't see it.

Please help as I have never liked the sony software.
yougottobekiddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ...

Let's see if this question would be better off in the Calibre forum where there's a better chance of an expert seeing it. Good luck.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is more than one device plugged in? For example, is there an Apple device attached? Or your 650? In this case, Calibre will find one of them. Which one is hard to predict.

When you plug in the 350, do you see the two drives in whatever file explorer your OS provides (what OS are you using)? If not, then calibre will not find the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
yougottobekiddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Is more than one device plugged in? For example, is there an Apple device attached? Or your 650? In this case, Calibre will find one of them. Which one is hard to predict.

When you plug in the 350, do you see the two drives in whatever file explorer your OS provides (what OS are you using)? If not, then calibre will not find the device.
Yes the computer is seeing both drives. As mentioned in my original post I can download via the sony software.
I am using winXP OS.
Only one device is plugged in, I ran the welcome wizard and changed my device type to PRS-350 but still nothing.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougottobekiddin View Post
Yes the computer is seeing both drives. As mentioned in my original post I can download via the sony software.
I am using winXP OS.
Only one device is plugged in, I ran the welcome wizard and changed my device type to PRS-350 but still nothing.
Have you verified that your 600 still connects to calibre?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I am using winXP OS.
It is time to run debug device detection and post the result. See here for instructions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
yougottobekiddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It is time to run debug device detection and post the result. See here for instructions.
It'skay, I was so used to calibre updating itself I didn'y realise it had stopped updating at ver 0.6.
Have uninstalled the old and installed the new now everything is good.

Thanks Anyway
Mia Culpa
Old 12-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
It'skay, I was so used to calibre updating itself I didn'y realise it had stopped updating at ver 0.6.
I'm glad it worked out. I know better then to start suggesting things before verifying what version is being used. BTW the program calibre has never updated itself.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote