Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Series and Book Titles

I have put Series and index numbers against 1200 of my books. Based on the iRex interface I have decided that I should go back to putting the Series and index number as the first part of the book title. I actually did this originally and then manually removed the series from all my initial book titles. Can someone please tell me if there is a way that I can modify the title to start with the series and index number IN BATCH. I am not looking forward to changing almost 1200 manually. If there is a way to do this please be fairly explicit. Thanks and here's hoping......Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I have put Series and index numbers against 1200 of my books. Based on the iRex interface I have decided that I should go back to putting the Series and index number as the first part of the book title. I actually did this originally and then manually removed the series from all my initial book titles. Can someone please tell me if there is a way that I can modify the title to start with the series and index number IN BATCH. I am not looking forward to changing almost 1200 manually. If there is a way to do this please be fairly explicit. Thanks and here's hoping......Jackie
You shouldn't change your book titles and you don't have to. Just change the output template for your books. It's in Preferences|Add Save|Sending to Device.

{series} - {series_index} - {title} will do it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Ok, let me ask you one other question. I have used the tags for Genre's but I also have a tag called "short stories". If I have Calibre create the genre as the top level of my output I would like each tag to be it's own folder. I know that means that most of the books under "short stories" will be duplicated because most of them have a second tag i.e. Romance or Mystery etc. The default when I tested this in Calibre was to create a folder name that contained both tags - so Mystery books where separate from Mystery and Short Stories. Is there a way to say either ignore one tag, square brackets didn't seem to work? Or can I have books duplicated and each tag become a folder?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for a great product.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Is there a way to say either ignore one tag, square brackets didn't seem to work? Or can I have books duplicated and each tag become a folder?
No. The tags are all together and are treated as a comma separated string when creating directory names and filenames. Some devices treat them individually when creating collections, but they are treated as a group for the directory and filename template.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
jjansen
J

Thanks, Just thought I would check with the experts. .........Jackie
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
How do I get the series and series number saved with the file?
Ican type it in manually with the file name or probably automaticall save it as part of the file name, but would like it embedded in the file ?
All of the other metadata gets saved but not series info?
Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
How do I get the series and series number saved with the file?
If the file format does not allow it to be saved, it isn't saved. I know that EPUB does not understand series and does not save it. I don't know about other formats - perhaps someone else does.

The places I know you can save it are: as part of the filename, as part of the directory name, in an .opf file and in the database (metadata.db).
Old 04-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Well thanks for that. I am saving opf files now
Is there any way to save them in the database so they aren't deleted if you remove the book?
I am trying to convert a lot of books, and/or put metatdata such as series etc. and I get confused when I have too many books displayed at once.

I have the series etc. in the output title, by using an expression rather than typing it in as I used to.

My goal is to be able to easily change all the file names to another format. Currently I have title, author. series, but maybe it should be series, author, title.

Thanks again
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can delete all formats of a book without actually removing the book entry from calibre via the Edit Metadata dialogs.

You can also add new entries to Calibre without giving any book file so that you can set up Metadata. I tend to use this facility for books I do not yet have, and also for books I only have in paper format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
for books I only have in paper format.
I've never heard of that format. What readers will read it?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I've never heard of that format. What readers will read it?
Eyeball Mk 0 thru Mk IV Daylight hours only unless a Lightbulb attachment (any version) is used.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote