Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Silicone covers coming for Kindle 2

I have a silicone cover for my Kindle 1 from Vizu which I love and still use. They don't make them anymore.

I've been looking for one for my Kindle 2 and found this. They're wicked expensive at $72.99 because they're sold in a 6 pack instead of just singles. I hope this will change.

Edit: I found they also sell them as singles for $12.99. I'm placing my order. They are sold in other configurations as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k2 silicone skin.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	27501  

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-12-2009 at 02:45 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Ick. I hate silicon cases. I hate the way they feel, the way they pick up dirt, the way they look...

That's just me though.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Ick. I hate silicon cases. I hate the way they feel, the way they pick up dirt, the way they look...

That's just me though.
I love they way they feel.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh you Californians do love your silicone, don't you?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I'd smack ya if you weren't so far away. See if I help you get your NYT again.
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
weatherman
Addict

I was talking about Silicone Valley, where they make all the computers, y'know... what did you think I was talking about?!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

You mean you don't like the Silicon Valley? The way it looks or feels? You think it attracts dirt? I'll let the folks who made the computer you're typing on, know how you feel about them.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
weatherman
Addict

Oh, Silicon Valley, not Silicone. I got it now.

No, I like the Silicon Valley. But I'm not a fan of silicone in anything I touch. No matter how appealing "they" are to look at, I don't want them anywhere near my device.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Fair enough.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
ah-hem! Well anyway... I have a silicone case for my Kindle 1. It puts an awful lot of pressure on the right button so I use it very rarely.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I have not heard good things about these. Hard to get on, traps dirt... but it they are probably better protection than nothing.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octochick View Post
I have not heard good things about these. Hard to get on, traps dirt... but it they are probably better protection than nothing.
I have the Vizu skin for my K1, you can see pics here. I really love it.

For me, it is not too tight and is very easy to put on or pull off. It doesn't press my buttons unless I have the corner strap of the M-Edge cover on it (I just leave that corner off). It has not discolored. I have the skin on the Kindle while it's inside my M-Edge cover and it fits. It doesn't attract any more dirt than the Kindle itself attracts (mostly the screen that scroll cursor strip). Tactilely, it feels very soothing when I touch it.

There are folks who like to read their Kindles naked but don't like the cold feel the metal back. This skin may be a good solution for them. I hope I like this one as much as the Vizu.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I just received my black silicone skin today. I am very impressed so far. I did try out one of the decal girl skins but could not ever to get it on right. This goes on very easy, it even has cutouts for the hinges on the Amazon Cover. I really did not get it for any protection but wanted something darker to improve contrast.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I just received my black silicone skin today. I am very impressed so far. I did try out one of the decal girl skins but could not ever to get it on right. This goes on very easy, it even has cutouts for the hinges on the Amazon Cover. I really did not get it for any protection but wanted something darker to improve contrast.
Glad you're liking it so far. I ordered the clear (I have a skin on my K2) but it's not available until the 22nd of this month.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Ordered one - thanks for the info, folks. I've dropped my K2 a couple of times already - a little extra protection can't hurt. Funny I had my K1 for over a year and never dropped it once.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote