Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
bookdragon
bookdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Best way to format poetry so it can be read by an ereader

Hi,

I self publish both my own poetry and poetry anthologies, (copyright free) such as the new book I am putting together now "A Poetic History Lesson-WWI".

Of the 3 books of poetry I have out now the biggest complaint is the line breaks being off with the e-readers. Any suggestions?

bookdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
sonofpendragon
Member Retired
sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
If it's Kindle you mean, then a html file uploaded via KDP, either using Center and Break tags for much of the content, and at the same time omitting many / most para codes. Now I don't do EPub yet, I am still learning that myself, but some publishers have told me that when generating EPubs, the progs used retain most of the doc style formatting anyway, although you do have to make the headings uniform, but, on foreign ground re EPubs still, so I am sure others will suggest the best way.
sonofpendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
bookdragon
bookdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks that is close to what I did, uploading a html to KDP. I think the partabs was my problem as I used word to edit my HTML. I may have to use an html editer and free hand it.
bookdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
sonofpendragon
Member Retired
sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Yes, should have said, I meant construct an html file yourself. Although it's often laughed at when I suggest it, I actually use Word itself to make the html file for the simple reason you are not working on lines, sentences and paras that are 8 miles wide, it is all nicely constrained as per the usual Word format. Once done, then copy and paste into Notepad which gives the codes used the priority over the junk Word formatting.
sonofpendragon is offline   Reply With Quote