Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
jpaulm
jpaulm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting tables to Kindle/Mobi format

I just converted an xhtml file to epub and Kindle/mobi format. I notice that the tables have nice borders in the epub format, but no borders when I view the mobi version. Can this be controlled, and if so where do I specify it? TIA
jpaulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know MOBI doesn't support table borders
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
jpaulm
jpaulm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Kovid - that would explain it! Pity though, as they look nice on the epub file :-)
jpaulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
SoftwareManiac
SoftwareManiac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
yep - it does. If I use the Amazon InDesign Kindle plug-in that processes .mobi files directly, a nice border is displayed. I have a similar question/issue statement to the Amazon development team and so far, no response. I guess any border information gets dropped in translation from calibre then? I could post/e-mail a sample screen capture with the result if you'd like.
SoftwareManiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tables mobi