Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Petitmiam
Petitmiam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch goes to sleep and stays asleep

The Kobo Touch is a replacement for my Kobo Wifi, Kobo sent it to me when my Wifi bricked at 13 months old.

Now my Kobo Touch has a problem, I can get past it, but I do wish it wasn't happening at all. When my Kobo goes to power off by itself, because I've left my book open for more than 5 minutes, it won't turn back on again. If I manually turn the power off, it is fine. I can fix it by doing a soft reset, with the paperclip in the hole in the back, but I'm wondering if there is a permanent fix. What if I'm on holiday and I can't find a paperclip?
Petitmiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
In the settings, you can set it to never turn off or go to sleep. It should be called something like "Sleep and Power settings" I think. That will prevent it from getting stuck since you'll have to manually power it off, which you say works fine.

While you're in teh device settings, you might also check what version you're running -- that will help people tell you if they've had similar problems with that upgrade version. that's located under "device information" i believe.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What happens when it is like this and you connect to a PC? This can wake the device or cause the soft-reset like the pinhole reset. Also, try holding the power switch in the off position for 20 seconds and then turning it on. This forces a power off (not clean) and then on.

When things like this happen, it tends to either be faulty hardware or an incompletely applied firmware upgrade. If it happened from the beginning, it is probably the hardware. But, it is worthwhile doing a factory reset and then letting the device upgrade itself. Or even doing the factory reset and intercepting the upgrade and testing at the factory firmware level. If it still has problems, it probably is a hardware problem. If it works, then upgrade the firmware and see what happens.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen screen, kobo touch, reset