Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
What is the most cynical song/group in your opinion.

Hurry, hurry, hurry...Step right up... Your opinion is wanted...(heh, heh, heh)...

What is the most cynical song and the most cynical musical performer/group in your opinion?

(This time RSE is going to wait before he pitches his opinion out there)...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Got to be The Descendents, and their song Weinerschnitzel

Lyrics:

Quote:
Welcome to the Weinerschnitzel, may I take your order please?

Yeah, I want two large cokes, two large fries, chili cheese dog, large Doctor Pepper, Super Deluxe with Cheese and Tomato.

You want Bill sperm with that?

No!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Here's another one that's highly cynical (also one of my faves)

Liar by Rollins Band

Quote:
Lyrics

You think youre going to live your life alone
In darkness and seclusion... yeah, I know
Youve been out there and tried to mix with those animals
And it just left you full of humiliated confusion
So you stagger back home and wait for nothing
But the solitary refinement of your room spits you back onto the streets
And now youre desperate and in need of human contact
And then you meet me and yur whole world changes
Because everything I say is everything youve ever wanted to hear
So you drop all you defenses, Im perfect in every way
cause I make you feel so strong and so powerfull inside
You feel so lucky
But your ego obscures reality that you never bothered to
Wonder why things are going so well
You want to know why?

cause Im a liar, yeah, Im a liar
Ill tear (rip) your mind up, Ill burn your soul
Ill turn you into me, Ill turn you into me
cause Im a liar, a liar, a liar, a liar...

Ill hide behind a smile and understanding eyes
And Ill tell you things that you already know so you can say:
I really identify with you, so much
And all the time that youre needing me is just the time
That Im bleeding you, dont you get it yet?
Ill come to you like an affliction then Ill leave you like an addiction
Youll never forget me... wou wanna know why?

I dont know why I feel the need to lie and cause you so much pain
Maybe its something inside, maybe its something I cant explain
cause all I do is mess you up and lie to you
Im a liar, ooh, Im a liar
But if youll give me another chance I swear Ill never lie to you again
cause now I see the destructive power of a lie,
Theyre stronger than truth
I cat believe I ever hurt you, I swear I will never lie to you again
Please, just give me more chance, Ill never lie to you again, no,
I swear, I will never tell a lie, I will neer tell a lie, no, no
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! sucker! sucker! sucker!

I am a liar, yeah, I am a liar, yeah, I am a liar
I lie you, I feel good, I am a liar, yeah
I lie x4 ooh, I lie, yeah, I lie
Im a liar, I lie, I like it, I feel good, I like it, and again
I like it again and Ill keep lying, Ill promise
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
'Beasley Street' - John Cooper Clarke

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Breakfast in America by Supertramp
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
My recommendation is the early Tubes (mid to late 1970's). It's a tossup between What Do You Want From Life and White Punks On Dope.

from What Do You Want From Life

What do you want from life?
To kidnap an heiress
And threaten her with a knife?

What you you want from life?
To get cable TV
And watch it all through the night?

How can you tell when you're doing all right?
Does you bank account swell
While you're sleeping at night?

What do wear while you're dreaming....

from White Punks On Dope

We're white punks on dope,
Mom and Dad live in Hollywood.
Hang myself when I get enough rope...

White punks on dope!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Spice Girls, Wannabe

Cheers
Marc (zig-a-zig ahh)

Last edited by montsnmags; 04-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Cynical? I really can't think of any. Most songs are ridiculously ebullient. I'll have to consider this a bit longer.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dress Rehearsal Rag by Leonard Cohen
Die Moritat von Mackie Messer (The Ballad of Mack the Knife) composed by Kurt Weill with lyrics by Bertolt Brecht
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That cute, chirpy little tune by Lily Allen, where she is breaking up with the guy.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That cute, chirpy little tune by Lily Allen, where she is breaking up with the guy.
Dunno that one; but it reminded of 'You're So Vain'.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote