Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Error when connecting to PRS-505

I get this error message when I try to view my PRS-505 via Calibre.

Job: **Get list of books on device**
**IOError**: (2, 'No such file or directory')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 122, in _books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 321, in books
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'P:\\database/cache/media.xml'

edit: forgot to add I'm using windows XP and version 4.132

Does anyone know any work arounds or what I did wrong?

I'd appreciate any and all help,
Thanks
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Connect your PRS505 and using windows explorer create the directories

P:\database\cache
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Connect your PRS505 and using windows explorer create the directories

P:\database\cache
I did that but got the same error message as before. also, I can't find the media.xml file...

EDIT: please ignore this post. I figured out what had happened. For some reason the internal card was assigned to the D: drive which is already allocated to a mapped networked drive and because there was a conflict...the program could not find the original database file? At least that's my theory because once I changed the drive letter the program was able to detect my device.

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-01-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote