Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Sony PRS-300 Collections Sort

Is there any way to sort the actual list of collections on a Sony PRS-300? If so, then is there a way to do this from calibre. I don't mean the sort order within individual collections, (this is well documented), but rather the order of items in the collections list itself.

The default sort is clearly alphabetic so I tried using 2-digits as a sort prefix. This works but looks messy and of course affects the tags in calibre's library, (since these tags generate the collections).
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Is there any way to sort the actual list of collections on a Sony PRS-300? If so, then is there a way to do this from calibre. I don't mean the sort order within individual collections, (this is well documented), but rather the order of items in the collections list itself.
Maybe, What is your goal?

I think it is always alphabetical order but you might be able to prefix collections to meet your goal.

Quote:
The default sort is clearly alphabetic so I tried using 2-digits as a sort prefix. This works but looks messy and of course affects the tags in calibre's library,
Not knowing what you are trying to do you might want to investigate the "Specify renaming rules for sony collections" tweak.

Quote:
(since these tags generate the collections).
Collections are generated only on things you allow. This is controlled in the Device interface plugin for Sony. By default Series and tags are used to create collections but you can change it if you wish.

You could have a custom column create your collections.

Between custom columns and the tweak pointed to above you can control the collections list as you see fit.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-28-2011 at 12:43 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

The default sort is clearly alphabetic so I tried using 2-digits as a sort prefix. This works but looks messy and of course affects the tags in calibre's library, (since these tags generate the collections).
You seem to be asking if there is a way to have the list of collection names as shown on the device be in some arbitrary order, as opposed to the list of the contents of a collection. On my 300, the answer is no, there is no way to change the order of the list of collection names. The 300 reads the collection names from the DB, sorts them however it wants (alphabetic as far as I know), and displays them.

I understand that newer models offer different sorts, but I don't know what they are, whether they work. or whether they apply to the display of names of collections.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You seem to be asking if there is a way to have the list of collection names as shown on the device be in some arbitrary order, as opposed to the list of the contents of a collection.
Yes this was my query. Thanks for the info - I can now stop trying! I'll check out the Sony Reader forum to see if the newer PRS-350 can do this.

I use calibre tags to generate the collections and I was trying to keep my most commonly used collections on the first page listed on the reader, and then lesser used collections on subsequent pages.

I'll also have a look at the "Specify renaming rules for sony collections" tweak to see what it can do for me.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote