Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
New Paperwhite Screen

Hi.

I wanted a kindle paperwhite for Christmas, but the delivery date from Amazon was a bit too close, so decided to wait and see if any turned up at Argos. I kept checking every few days but there were none available.

Last Thursday they had 4 in stock and I bought one straight away. It had the latest firmware on it, and the screen is as perfect as I think it could be.

There is no colour distortion on the screen, just a light shadow right at the bottom of the screen where the lights are. The screen is very evenly lit. It is much better than my previous e-reader and I am glad that I bought it.

Hopefully, the latest kindles to hit the shops will not have the problem with the pink and green hues that the some of the first batch have had, but then again I may have just been lucky.

Anyway, I now have to try to suss out how collections work. Sorting my books out was definitely easier with my opus.

Gray
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Glad you got one with a good screen, seems there are plenty of them out there!

As for organising your books in collections, just remember that they aren't folders, but are really just tags that you attribute to a book. You can have a book in more than one collection, and your books will only be sorted in their collections when you choose to 'sort by collection'.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graypal View Post
Anyway, I now have to try to suss out how collections work. Sorting my books out was definitely easier with my opus.

Gray
Shameless plug: you may want to try Collections Manager (requires a jailbroken device though).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote