Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post 7zip for kindle Touch/PW

[root@kindle p7zip_9.20.1]# /mnt/us/extensions/p7zip/usr/local/bin/7za --help

Quote:
7-Zip (A) 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_GB.utf8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Usage: 7za <command> [<switches>...] <archive_name> [<file_names>...]
[<@listfiles...>]

<Commands>
a: Add files to archive
b: Benchmark
d: Delete files from archive
e: Extract files from archive (without using directory names)
l: List contents of archive
t: Test integrity of archive
u: Update files to archive
x: eXtract files with full paths

<Switches>
-ai[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: Include archives
-ax[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: eXclude archives
-bd: Disable percentage indicator
-i[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: Include filenames
-m{Parameters}: set compression Method
-o{Directory}: set Output directory
-p{Password}: set Password
-r[-|0]: Recurse subdirectories
-scs{UTF-8 | WIN | DOS}: set charset for list files
-sfx[{name}]: Create SFX archive
-si[{name}]: read data from stdin
-slt: show technical information for l (List) command
-so: write data to stdout
-ssc[-]: set sensitive case mode
-t{Type}: Set type of archive
-u[-][p#][q#][r#][x#][y#][z#][!newArchiveName]: Update options
-v{Size}[b|k|m|g]: Create volumes
-w[{path}]: assign Work directory. Empty path means a temporary directory
-x[r[-|0]]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: eXclude filenames
-y: assume Yes on all queries
This Dummy extension will create no KUAL menu items.

Call it as outlined above - OR - copy the binary to a location of your choosing.

Enjoy.

The docs are zipped up...

7za x docs-and-man.7z to unzip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip p7zip-KUAL-dummy.zip (469.5 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

built from source - on a kindle touch.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Wow!!! I'll try it asap!
Maybe it's faster than the stock zip and unrar...
While I'm here...I always tried to find a way of mounting archives (zip and rar) to navigate them like folders...any chance?
Thanks!!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
twobob

hmm... yeah... I was working on that recently... Forget now where I left it..

Will look around again

ah yeah
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/fuse-zip/

I'll look at building it..

EDIT: Nope still doesnt build.. Perhaps one day they will fix it...
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2633856
Instead.

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Code:
[local]:7za -x docs-and-man.7z
error: incorrect command line.
?

The docs are in a 7zip archive, which I need to use 7zip to extract...
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
You should use 'x' without hyphen:

7za x docs-and-man.7z
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
twobob

Yeah. I did zip up the docs.

Will add that info to top post.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Cheers.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Wow!!! I'll try it asap!
Maybe it's faster than the stock zip and unrar...
While I'm here...I always tried to find a way of mounting archives (zip and rar) to navigate them like folders...any chance?
Thanks!!!!
http://users.softlab.ntua.gr/~thkala.../latest/README

I'm building you that...

EDIT: DONE
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2633856

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Tags
7za, 7zip, kindle touch, kual, twobob