Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD

Well that was quick.

Blog post with details here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
While manually adding headings and editing headings (changing h5 to h3 for example) the changes "don't stick".

Sometimes the changes seem to stick, even if I close the tab and reopen it the changes are there, but the TOC editor doesn't recognize the changes. And the code view only go back to the way they were when I close the file and reopen it in Sigil.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, big bug. See the 0.2.1 discussion. It's actually two different bugs. There seems to be a problem with focus events sometimes not being caught/sent correctly. It appears to be a Qt issue, and I'm looking for ways around it.

The first bug is that sometimes changes made to the current tab are not saved to the file when the user invokes Save. This is directly caused by a "lost" focus event. In versions of 0.2.x prior to 0.2.2, this would result in a hang since the resource would not be unlocked. I've removed the tab lock dependency, and now this other issue is popping up from farther down the call chain. It's all caused by the same underlying issue: the missing focus event.

But hey, now I finally know what was causing the hang bug. Anyway, this failed-to-save-tab-data bug can be easily fixed, now that I know the culprit. Expect to see a 0.2.3 later this week.

The other bug (which I'm not sure if you've experienced) is making changes to the Code View and then switching back to Book View, and then not seeing your changes in there. I've yet to figure that one out, but I think it's caused by the same problem, I'm just not sure. This one is proving hard to track down.

Anyway, this seems to be completely isolated to Win XP machines. AFAIK neither of these is reproducible on Mac and Linux machines.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Yeah I read that thread and honestly this reply was meant to be written in that thread

If it helps in any way it happens on Win 7 64bit too

Quote:
The other bug (which I'm not sure if you've experienced) is making changes to the Code View and then switching back to Book View, and then not seeing your changes in there. I've yet to figure that one out, but I think it's caused by the same problem, I'm just not sure. This one is proving hard to track down.
I think I have, and it only started happening on in the last couple of releases, it happens even without switching to Book View, the Code View tab just needs to "refresh" for you to see that the changes didn't stick.

For example I manually changed a heading title from a h5 to a h3 and while looking at it(the h3) in code view I did a search and replace (in all html files) to remove a class and it didn't find it even though I was looking right at it behind the S&R window, only when I closed the H&R window and clicked on the tab to manually remove the class did the Code View refresh and showed that the initial change from h5 to h3 didn't stick. (Hope this made sense)
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
FWIW, I never experienced the TEFLON CHANGE problem prior to 0.2.1, and I've done a fair number of books in which I used Sigil, and lots of regex searching/replacing. HTH.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
For example I manually changed a heading title from a h5 to a h3 and while looking at it(the h3) in code view I did a search and replace (in all html files) to remove a class and it didn't find it even though I was looking right at it behind the S&R window, only when I closed the H&R window and clicked on the tab to manually remove the class did the Code View refresh and showed that the initial change from h5 to h3 didn't stick. (Hope this made sense)
That made perfect sense and was a lot of help. This particular problem is now fixed.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
That made perfect sense and was a lot of help. This particular problem is now fixed.

I was doing S&R and leaving the S&R window open between changes (Some times I would spot something and do an edit before doing a find.
BTW is there a way to do a way to do a Replace without an automatic "find next"??
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote