Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
natjusaj
natjusaj began at the beginning.

Device: K2 or DX
What to buy in Europe K2 or KDX

Hi Hope you can help.

I want to buy a Kindle e reader. K2 just released in Denmark, however I am afraid that the screen is to small to read magazines and news papers.

Would you prefer the DX for this purpose?

I wrote Amazon re buying DX and using it in Denmark. They stated that all downloads would have to be done via PC. Does any one know if this is really necessary for countries outside US?

Any news re. the DX opening up in Europe. This guy rote some news re the dx http://www.news-mobile.eu/en/article...international/ however I do not know if it holds any truth ? you ?

BR

Morten
natjusaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Before buying my Kindle DX, I played a little with a 6 inch reader, and the experience was disappointing for me: just too small for my needs. I read these forums and I see other people don't have this problem at all, in fact they prefer a smaller device for mobility reasons. So I guess nobody can tell you exactly what you really need/want.
If it helps, I've bought the Kindle DX from USA, and I use my computer to download my books and newspapers (even samples nowadays). I have even registered the device on my real Amazon account, using a European credit card and address and it's fine. I've read somewhere that it's not possible to register a US Kindle internationally but it seems it's not true in my case. The downside, of course, is the higher price for the books, in my case I have to pay 2.30 USD for otherwise a free book, but what won't people do for a good book, right?
P.S. Don't expect Kindle DX to be perfect for PDFs, I read some programming books and the experience is not what I had hoped: too small in portrait mode, too uncomfortable in landscape.
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert