Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Help! the "Make Sony Reader File" under "Options" is different

....than the one I see on Harry's "Book Designer Tutorial." I don't have near as many choices under that "Options" setting as he does.

I thought I had the current version. Is it possible that I don't have a component of the current version?

I'm showing, under "Help," that I have Version 5.0

So can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you installed 5.0, did you first install the version with the installer and then overgo the files with the upgrade to 5.0?

Are you using the Sony Reader dialog and not the Sony Libre dialog?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't recall if I did it that way.

What would be the best way to start over? Or is there a more elegant solution for this fix?

I am indeed using the Make Sony Reader dialogue. My Bbeb files are fine. What I'm attempting to do is to insert a picture after the author (or title) on the same page. This is simply not working with the page break option on "Book Corrector." (See the different thread where I ask Harry and others for assistance on this.)

Thanks,
Don
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The best solution is to download the installer version, install that one. Then download the 5.0 upgrade and upgrade the installed (properly registered) version and then you'll be all set. I made the mistake of not doing it that way and the Sony reader stuff didn't work.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

When you say "download the installer version," do you mean delete everything, with absolutely no remnants of the program on my laptop -- and then start over?

The program I have DOES work, except for this one problem (so far), that I'm having.

Thanks,
Don
Advert
Old 04-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It seemed to work for me too till I installed it properly. I did delete the Book Designer directory I had. Then I installed the program and upgraded it from there.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:56 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes. Delete everything. Install the BD 4 program - the one with the proper installation program. Then get the latest BD update file (I think it's the 12th Apr one), unzip that into a folder, and copy that folder over the BD 4 installation folder.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote