Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
encoding errors in feeds under the new release

Just updated to 0.4.106

The feeds I just downloaded (NYTimes, Washington Post) both give errors when saving to disk:

Code:
'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 17-22: ordinal not in range(128)
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 807, in save_to_disk
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/library.py", line 177, in save_to_disk
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/library/database.py", line 1405, in export_to_dir
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/startup.py", line 106, in my_join
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 17-22: ordinal not in range(128)

When viewing them with the viewer they behave ok, but I see something like this:
The New York Times
[??????,26 ??????, 2008]

what's happening? It never did it before!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
followup: to check it I installed the same version on a win machine, and it didnt show the error - which therefore seems to be linux only.

Another funny thing new to this release - and this one shows both under linux and win:
after the feed is fetched, it does not show on calibre. Yet it's there, you can select something on the window. After quitting it and restarting, the downloaded file is there waiting for you

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a regression will be fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote