Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The new version auto-installed on both of my Fires this afternoon. It is odd that there is no notification that it has been installed.
Very odd. I've never seen that with any of my other android devices and they've been through numerous upgrades...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #47
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It looks like the new update broke the app cloud shelf. It now lists all apps on cloud, app installed and 3rd party apps from other sources installed.
I noticed that many of my side loaded books from sources other than Amazon were listed on the Cloud as well. I have not checked to see if all are listed but many of them are. I am not sure if this is new or not.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #48
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can now browse the Android Market:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...AAP_story.html
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #49
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
If you mean move stuff around on the favorites shelves, then you could do that on v6.2. I can't move stuff around in the Book or Documents bookshelf views.
Correct! Moving stuff on favorites. I didn't know I could do this before.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #50
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You can now browse the Android Market:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...AAP_story.html
Hey, you sure can! And although it won't let me download an app directly to the Fire, it did let me choose to download an app to my phone, and I just went over there and backed it up and added it to my Fire. A bit clumsy, but doable.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjpreston View Post
I noticed that many of my side loaded books from sources other than Amazon were listed on the Cloud as well. I have not checked to see if all are listed but many of them are. I am not sure if this is new or not.
Oh you're right! The Book Cloud Shelf is broke too! I bet so is Music but I don't have any sideloaded mp3s on here.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #52
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjpreston View Post
This isn't new.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:24 AM   #53
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
This isn't new.
I didn't see anything different in that respect either.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #54
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
A small thing I've noticed, the Fire used to miss the typing sound on the first letter you typed. Since the update it 'tinks' after the first letter too.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #55
kennyc

Really? I never noticed that. Funny. Might have to do with the responsiveness. It's definitely more responsive IMO.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #56
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Its good to know they are updating the built in fire User manual as they make changes to the fire. The update on removing items from the carousel is in there. Might be good to check the manual every so often to see what new feature theey add/update.

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-23-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #57
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Its good to know they are updating the built in fire User manual as they make changes to the fire. The update on removing items from the carousel is in there. Might be good to check the manual every so often to see what new feature theey add/update.
Manual, Manual. We don't need no stinkin Manual.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:35 AM   #58
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I just noticed that in previous version 6.2 and prior in order to move item icons around on your favorites shelf you first had to semi long press the Icon like you were going to do a remove function and then it would become moveable/slideable

Now in 6.2.1 you can slide fav items around at will immediately without having to press and hold first before sliding them.

Nice.

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-31-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typeo
Old 12-31-2011, 04:43 AM   #59
salsaguy
Addict

Neither do I.

I actually think the new version doesnt go down as much (stays brighter) instead of going lower/darker now. Its like the last 20% of the slider is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I don't notice this on mine.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #60
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
A small thing I've noticed, the Fire used to miss the typing sound on the first letter you typed. Since the update it 'tinks' after the first letter too.
Really? My kindle keyboard is still a bit shy, it pauses to blush first when I go poking it.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote