Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks kovid; appreciate you taking both the time to help me and develop your excellent software. I feel a donation is on the way.

Thanks ever so much.

K
Killian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Sorry Kovid; one more query if you'd be so kind. Is there any way of putting multiple arguments into the TOC filter? Below is a breif copy and paste job of what I've got automatically; can I filter these in the TOC filter?

Detected chapter: Chapter 13
Detected chapter: Chapter 14
Detected chapter: Chapter 15
Detected chapter: “Wands away,”
Detected chapter: "Still smiling

I've tried .*Wands.* & .*Still.* and .*Wands.* or .*Still.* and finally .*Wands.* .*Still.* - The arguments work on their own though as I need to filter out about 10 or so from the final TOC I'm going to need to try to pass multiple arguments.

Don't have any real scripting knowledge other than a bit of C+ from a while back but can't figure out the correct syntax or even if it can be used.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
(Wands.*)|(Still.*)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
Killian
Enthusiast

Tried it and it works perfect for those chapters starting with an " but won't seem to do the same on those without.

Example:
Detected chapter: “Good,”
Detected chapter: After several more m
Detected chapter: “Did you want

.*After.* filters out that chapter. (Good.*)|(Did.*) filters out those. But a combination of the two (.*After.*)|(Good.*) etc doesn't. Have played around with the formatting but no ways seem to work. Is there an extra bit of syntax I'm missing?
Old 08-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
Killian
Enthusiast

Been playing around some more and found that anything over two using the | as 'or' won't work. It works fine with two arguments though as soon as I put in a third, whether a " is preceding it or not, it fails to work.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[“GA]
Old 08-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
Killian
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
[“GA]
Sorry Kovid but could you clarify what you mean by ["GA]? I've tried to figure out where it goes but haven't succeeded. Could you maye just put the syntax for removing the 3 entries as above and I'll add the rest from there?

Really appreciate it and sorry for taking so much time.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

just put that in the filter box and you really should read up on regular expressions

http://docs.python.org/howto/regex.html
Old 08-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Killian
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. Was looking for something like that but couldn't seem to find it.

I put ["GA] in the filter box though it didn't remove the 3 above so assumed there was more to it.

Will read up and try to figure out myself.

Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #25
Killian
Enthusiast

Read the link you gave me and went with ["ABDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ].

It removed the majority of entries though there were still a couple chapters detected even though they should have been removed by the above filter.

Example:

Detected chapter: “Good,”
Detected chapter: After several more m
Detected chapter: “Did you want

Removed Good and Did but not After. Only reason I can think is it having something to do with where After is in relation to Good. I think it's maybe within the same tag or a few tags down. Seems to be a similiar pattern with other entries that weren't removed.

Ending up playing around for a while and gave up. Then thought about doing it this way;

//h: p[re:test(.,'Chapter 1|Chapter 2|Chapter 3|Chapter 4|Chapter 5|Chapter 6|Chapter 7|Chapter 8|Chapter 9|Chapter 10|Chapter 11|Chapter 12|Chapter 13|Chapter 14|Chapter 15|Chapter 16|Chapter 17|Chapter 18|Chapter 19|Chapter 20|Chapter 21|Chapter 22|Chapter 23|Chapter 24|Chapter 25|Chapter 26|Chapter 27|Chapter 28|Chapter 29|Chapter 30|Chapter 31|Chapter 32|Chapter 33|Chapter 34|Chapter 35|Chapter 36|Chapter 37|Chapter 38', "i")]

And it's worked perfectly. Bit of a pain but as the other way didn't want to work it was the only way I could think.

Is there some kind of limit in python that, once a match has been found, it skips onto the next tag? Or is there anyway of stopping it doing that? Tried to find the info on the link you gave me but had no luck.

Atleast I figured out a way for now though.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Killian; 08-02-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: :p instead of : p
Old 01-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #26
jsanrio
jsanrio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle. PDF to mobi (with links)

Hi

I'm new using the Calibre software, I've had great results converting some PDF file, but, I haven't been so lucky managing the table of contents in the files

The thing is, I have a PDF file with a table of contents, this table have links to othes places in the same file (the chapters, I mean), when I converted to mobi, this links are all lost, although the table of contents still preserves.

I want to know how to preserve this links, or how can I do to manage this tables without losing the links. I mean, when a click on my Kindle on chapter 20, it automatically directs me to chapter 20 in the document

Thankk you
jsanrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-pdf-documents
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
ajung
ajung began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Automatic enumeration of TOC and headings?

Is there some way to let Calibre enumerate the section, subsections etc.?
ajung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #29
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I don't think so.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #30
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Also, there's no need to crosspost this to both a new thread and a resurrected older thread. In the future, just create a new thread if there is no active thread for your topic, please.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote