Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
peterdeegan
peterdeegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle v2
DatabaseError: malformed database schema (author_insert_trg) - no such table: authors

I have Calibre 0.7.6 and am now getting the error in the subject line (full error later in this message). On Windows 7 linked to a Kindle 2.

I'm afraid I can't say if this happened after 0.7.6 was installed or was later - not paying attention.

Copying books to a device no longer works.

I tried 'Check database integrity' and got the same error.

I can't think of anything else to try and throw myself on your mercy!

Thanks

Peter Deegan

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:malformed database schema (author_insert_trg) - no such table: authors
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 157, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 89, in get
DatabaseError: malformed database schema (author_insert_trg) - no such table: authors

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 263, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 774, in metadata_downloaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1398, in set_books_in_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 461, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 969, in authors_sort_strings
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 193, in run
DatabaseException: malformed database schema (author_insert_trg) - no such table: authors
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 157, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 89, in get
peterdeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You appear to have a corrupted database. If you have a backup try to restore your calibre library from that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
peterdeegan

D'oh - of course. Silly me.

Copied a recent backup of metadata.db back to the Calibre folder. then I used Add books from directories to rescan the library folders and add books to Calibre that I'd acquired since the last db backup.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
peterdeegan

Kovid,

So the question is ... what caused the db corruption? Especially since the restored db quickly became corrupted again.

I'm running Windows 7 attached to Windows Server - the My Documents folder gets synchronized to server storage using a Sync Center app in the Control Panel. The Calibre Library location is a network url eg //<machine>/<user>/My Documents/Calibre Library but it's stored on the local machine.

metadata.db is part of the sync but yields a sync error 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'. That happens sometimes with open documents etc and isn't usually a problem.

But for some reason this is a problem with Calibre and the db keeps getting corrupted. Maybe something to do with the file/db lock?

I'll fix this by moving the Calibre Library to a non-sync'd location which isn't optimal but will do.

But I thought you should know in case it happens to others.

Cheers,

Peter D/