Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Sony eReader email for firmware improvements

Here is the email that I got from Sony:

"While we have been working hard to make the Digital Reader the best product on the market today, there is always room for improvement. We look forward to getting this type of customer response on our designs and will do our best to incorporate as many as possible in the future. To submit such requests we have established a dedicated email address. Please send all such comments to: feedback@ebookstore.sony.com"

If you have a wish list of improvements, use it.

Here is what I wrote to Sony:

1) We now have a 3G connection which is useless in most cases. I am really not interested in New York Times and a few other options that Sony store offers. What I am really interested in is for Sony to implement wonderful services such as Instapaper and ReadItLater so that we (consumers) can have our freedom to read what we want and how we want. Amazon Kindle is going the right way by opening up apps. Please implement Instapaper and RearItLater into PRS 900. A lot of applications and services are already connected with them.

instapaper.com and readitlaterlist.com

2) All it takes is for one to cross an imaginary line and they end up in Canada. If the feature above can be implemented, then it will make perfect sense for Sony to start supporting 3G in Canada. Amazon Kindle does this and for some it can be a deciding factor.

3) Sony eReader Software - has anyone from Sony store been https://www.mobileread.com ? Very few people use Sony software to manage their books. Perhaps Sony can talk to the developer of Calibre and integrate their service or store or something into Calibre as it does a much better job for organizing and transferring books.

4) Notes and highlights - can you please add the ability to email notes right from the eReader? Often when I read something, I want to share a sentence or and a paragraph with a friend. It takes quiet a bit of effort to transfer and extract and email notes from the book.

5) Evernote - I am not sure how exactly this can be done, but it would be great if Sony eReaders were able to connect with Evernote notes. Perhaps one specific notebook which can be shared privately or publicly which Sony eReade would be able to access, download and read from ?

5) Fonts! Please refer to https://www.mobileread.com forum to see how people feel about limited fonts on Sony eReaders.While I am ok with hacking the device with a custom made firmware to allow me to read Cyrillic (Russian) fonts, I would love to see Sony eReaders support multiple font types out of the box.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
tegelad
tegelad began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo elipse2e, sage, libra2, forma amazon oasis3, scribe, boox ult c
What I would love to see is faster loading of their 3G connection ... when compared to the kindle 2 and Kindle DX ... this daily edition is ... slooooow .....
tegelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
What I'd like to see added is the ability to choose a display font for plain text files. Specifically, you can select a font and all plain text documents will display with that font.

With RTF documents, I'd like to see better font control. Specifically, when text has been formatted with a certain font the ereader will do its best to display that specific font or, if that font is not available, the default font that is closest to that font.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Make sure that you email your requests to the email I posted in the first message.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote