Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
More help finding free eBooks

This is a relatively new blog that spotlights free eBooks around the web, both from the big distributors as well as individual authors out there. It's worth a look.

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Thanks so much for that terrific link!

I'm finding more good free stuff than I can read. I recommend every thrifty ebook fan subscribe to this blog's RSS feed (e.g., in Google Reader), where you'll get perfectly formed blog posts (gives a link, a short synopsis, and formats supported) which are worth saving as a sort of dust jacket to jog your memory as to why you downloaded the book.

On average, it seems like there's more than a book a day offered. I check each book's reader reviews in Amazon, and have found that a portion (maybe 10-20% ?) of these free offerings have 4-star and higher reader reviews. A preponderance of sci-fi and fantasy.

P.S. I have no affiliation whatever with that site.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Junior94
Junior94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Try this website, it's highlighted for the kindle, but in the right column you will find a huge listing of links where you can find all sorts of free content, not just for the kindle but in a lot of formats.

http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/
Junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If you really want a list of free eBook places check the wiki on this site. Free eBooks. While you at the Wiki check the list of eBook stores, many have free eBooks, and check the comprehensive list of Public Libraries that will let you check out books. And if you check our own forum upload section you will find thousands of eBooks for free. No need to go elsewhere.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
brookietx
brookietx began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba laptop & Axim X51v
I've been attempting to find an ebook copy of Austin Tappan Wright's Islandia for years. Utopian novel with well developed background. I have the 3/4" thick paperback, but would love to have an ebook copy to go with my other utopian novels. Anybody ever seen it in any ebook format?
brookietx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Neptyoon
Neptyoon began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Islandia ebook

Islandia's publisher, Holt, has an ebook in the works. You could nag them about it.
Neptyoon is offline   Reply With Quote