Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
buffallobob
buffallobob began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs350
Help with two readers needed

Great to see a resource like this especialy as i have a wife that kills e books our sons bought us both prs 505s a couple of years ago i registered mine and have been using it every day since.
My wife however well thats another story her one she downloaded one book never read it then it sat for over a year and when recharged it will not work it just has the reader starting up screen permenantly displayed, i have tried a soft reset then a hard one but to no avail Any idea's Anyway a few months ago i bought her a 350 which she has been using ok until we went to my sisters in the United states and my wife plugged it into my sisters laptop to charge it, all was well until she tried to load some books and now it will not work i have an error message when i try to download from waterstones error (-2999)
any idea's please I'm having to talk to her at the moment as she has nothing to read
regards Bob
buffallobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
For the 505, how did you try to charge it? If you used the USB port that may be the trouble. I recommend you try again with an appropriate charger connected to the barrel connector "DC IN" port.

If you don't have a suitable one handy, a Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) charger will do the trick.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert