Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #2146
Portia
Portia doesn't litterPortia doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g
I was going to ask a long, complicated question about why it wasn't working for me, even though I've downloaded the jailbreak, upacked it, attached my Kindle with the USB, and copied what I think is the correct .bin file (k3g-3.2.1_install) into the root drive for the Kindle on my computer, but then nothing seems to happen and it didn't have an "update your kindle" anywhere in settings.... And as I typed I figured out that you have to open the Menu when you are in Settings to get to "update your Kindle" and there it was. duuuh.

Anyway, thanks NiLuJe and Geekmaster for the programs and great information!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #2147
moonspie
moonspie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle k3g
Hi NiLuJe,

Thank you for the reply, I used -3.2.1 version and it works fine. I now have another question - how to un-install?

I have un-install the jailbreak to install another system (DUOKAN), however I reset Kindle instead of using the uninstall file. The new install always give me a U007 error. Now I don't know what to do?

Thanks!
moonspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #2148
moonspie
moonspie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle k3g
Reply myself: Just tried these and it worked!

1. Re-install jailbreak and other stuffs I've installed before;
2. Un-install jailbreak and other stuffs;
3. Reset Kindle;
4. try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonspie View Post
Hi NiLuJe,

Thank you for the reply, I used -3.2.1 version and it works fine. I now have another question - how to un-install?

I have un-install the jailbreak to install another system (DUOKAN), however I reset Kindle instead of using the uninstall file. The new install always give me a U007 error. Now I don't know what to do?

Thanks!
moonspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #2149
antaril
antaril began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Bitstream Charter.ttf

Hi there,

i use the "Bitstream Charter" Font in my FB Kindle!

Now i want to install this font in my Kindle 3 with the font hack. Can somebody port this font to work on my Kindle? It didnt work for me ;(

greets and thx

Antaril
antaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #2150
Antosha
Antosha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx graphite gw
thank you

@geekmaster, @NiLuJe:

Thank you for you response. I installed the dxg jailbreak and fonts. All works like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I also have a DXG (graphite), with a GSM modem that can work in the US and internationally.
The reason that i thought that my version of kindle is international is that i did not get a "Getting started instructions" with my kindle (there is a referance to it in the kindle dx user\s guide). I thought that in the US version it would be in the box below the kindle. In the box that i go i only got he Kindle itself and the usb cable. Did your kindle dx graphite come with a "getting started instructions"?
Antosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:54 AM   #2151
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Is anyone working on a jb for the Kindle 4? The screensaver pics are an improvement on the dead authors on the K3, but will get boring very quickly.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #2152
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antosha View Post
Did your kindle dx graphite come with a "getting started instructions"?
My DXG was used. No documentation.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #2153
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Is anyone working on a jb for the Kindle 4?
Yifanlu said that the K4 will be easy after the KTouch. The KTouch jailbreak is in progress. Firmware images are now being investigated for potential jailbreak security loopholes. Because the KTouch has "all new code" it probably also has all new security loopholes (a good thing). Also, the Java bytecode is not obfuscated, which could mean GUI hacks after the jailbreak.

EDIT: The latest news is that the Touch contains "all new" code, and known vulnerabilities will likely not be in the K4. You can keep up-to-date on K4 and Touch jailbreak progress in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151537&page=13

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-04-2011 at 10:42 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #2154
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
^ thanks
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #2155
Tarheb
Tarheb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Hello,

I have a kindle 3 /3G with fw 3.3. Should I use the 3.2.1 JB fw?

Are there any risks in having it jailbreaked?
Tarheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #2156
Tarheb
Tarheb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
PS: Do I have to unregister the device first?

Sorry for double post but the edit button expired apparently.
Tarheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #2157
gdoteof
gdoteof began at the beginning.

Device: kidnle
Question

just got a kindle 3.2.1 3g+wifi

copied in the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin to the root of the Kindle; did the update

it fails part way through saying 'another jail break found.. aborting'

presumably this is because i had previously copied a .5.N_ .. but everytime i reset the files are deleted anyway;

does this mean i am succesfully jail broken; or should i reset to factory settings?
gdoteof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #2158
macaddict
macaddict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Help- Newbie.

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there who knows more about Kindle can help me. I have a blocked Kindle 3 (Keyboard), this does not bother me as I use Calibre to add my books on it BUT I cant update it to the latest firmware version and use the full 'Collection' feature.

Does anyone know if I jailbreak the Kindle will I be able to update the kindle OR is there a mod out there for managing my books in the Kindle.

I've managed to get Calibre to arrange my books by genre but I want a section where I can quickly go to the books I am reading?

Hope some one can help.
macaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #2159
floatingfire
floatingfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.2.1
Exclamation SS Timed Sequence Change?

Is it possible to alter the time when the screen saver kicks-in?
The default seems to be 10 minutes. But I'd like to shorten it and change the picture every so many seconds. Am I asking too much? Is any of this even possible on a Kindle 3.2.1?
floatingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #2160
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingfire View Post
Is it possible to alter the time when the screen saver kicks-in?
The default seems to be 10 minutes. But I'd like to shorten it and change the picture every so many seconds. Am I asking too much? Is any of this even possible on a Kindle 3.2.1?
I can't help you with the changing of the screensaver every x-amount of time (though I don't think that would be impossible), but for changing the sleep-time: ssh in and run mntroot rw then edit /etc/kdb.src/luigi/system/daemon/powerd/t1_timeout which contains the sleep time in seconds. Afterwards, do a mntroot ro and then you need to do a /etc/init.d/powerd restart for changes to take effect.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet