Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Add to Device Queue

Any suggestions how to do something like an add to device queue?
I peruse and organize my books a lot and find a book I want to read, but I don't often have my Kindle connected. I would like to add books that I want to read to a queue. For now I have a custom column ("To Read") any other ideas?
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121787
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Book Sync plugin works great if you have a single device. It is much easier than having to tag the books and then remember to send them to the device. I use this plugin all the time.

I have been discussing with Kiwidude some possible enhancements to the plugin that might mean that you can be selective about which book goes to which device(s) when you have multiple devices. He now has several himself so has some incentive to add such support. However whether it will actually prove technically feasible and (assuming it is) when he will find time on his extensive TODO list I am not sure.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Cool, thanks, that's perfect, gonna try it right now.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote