Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Actually, I went ahead and got all 3 of Steve's books. $4.50 right now at Smashwords can't be beat.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #17
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post
Just wanted to put up a quick note to say that I really enjoyed this book, and that I probably wouldn't have tried it without getting a shot at a freebie, since I didn't know the author.

Now that I do...I'm going to read his other books, and pay for them.

Losing Role is a very good character study, and those who like that type of book will enjoy this one a lot.

Anyone got a recommendation on which of Anderson's books to read next?
Thanks, Trebro. I appreciate the read. If you're the one who left the nice review on Smashwords, I appreciate it all the more.

As for my other two books out, I won't tell you which to read but I can say they're each different -- Besserwisser is a satirical mystery and False Refuge a noir thriller. The Losing Role is closer to what I'll be writing going forward, however.

It means a lot to hear from people who like what I'm up to. Thanks again.

Steve
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Losing Role | WWII Espionage Thriller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Actually, I went ahead and got all 3 of Steve's books. $4.50 right now at Smashwords can't be beat.
Thanks, Quake. I appreciate your giving me a read and hope you like 'em.

Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #19
Steve Anderson
Addict

Also, all, I changed the title of this thread so I doesn't say the book's free anymore, but the old title still shows up in the forum. Can't find a way to fix that, unless someone wants to give me a tip?

Feeling slightly clueless,
Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Anderson View Post
Also, all, I changed the title of this thread so I doesn't say the book's free anymore, but the old title still shows up in the forum. Can't find a way to fix that, unless someone wants to give me a tip?

Feeling slightly clueless,
Steve
I can change it for you, if you let me know what you would like it changed to say.

Also, at the top of this Author forum, there is a sticky thread that explains how you can also report your post to have something changed by a member of the moderation team.

dreams
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
Steve Anderson
Addict

Thanks, dreams. I'll be sure to find that sticky next time. Meanwhile, please change the title to

The Losing Role | WWII Espionage Thriller

That way I can drop in future promotions without changing the title.

Thanks for the help!

Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
This might be a weird question, but...

What font was used on the cover of False Refuge? I'm not 100% certain without a look at the N, but I think it (assuming the eroded effect was 'shopped) is a font I've been trying to track down for a while.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #23
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
This might be a weird question, but...

What font was used on the cover of False Refuge? I'm not 100% certain without a look at the N, but I think it (assuming the eroded effect was 'shopped) is a font I've been trying to track down for a while.
Not a weird question at all, Worldwalker. I found the font here:

http://www.dafont.com/my-world.font

The site has a lot of other stencil fonts as well. I hope this helps.

Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #24
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Close but no cigar.

I've looked at a disturbing number of stencil fonts, everywhere from the big foundries to dubious free sites, even fed the one sample I have to What The Font?, with no luck. I know it's out there -- I've seen a couple of instances of it being used -- but nobody seems to have the thing. *sigh*
Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #25
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Close but no cigar.

I've looked at a disturbing number of stencil fonts, everywhere from the big foundries to dubious free sites, even fed the one sample I have to What The Font?, with no luck. I know it's out there -- I've seen a couple of instances of it being used -- but nobody seems to have the thing. *sigh*
Worldwalker, I know what you mean about looking at a disturbing number of stencil fonts. Believe me. My Moby Dick is a 1940s brush font that was used a lot in Europe for all kinds of titles. The Losing Role has the closest one I can find, but I know there's a better one out there.

You will find it.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #26
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Have you tried What The Font? It's at its best with conventional text fonts, but it might have a chance with a brush font (my stencil font just gave it spasms).
Old 07-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Never tried What The Font?, looks interesting. When I'm trying to find a font while working I've used IdentiFont from time to time with OK results.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #28
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Have you tried What The Font? It's at its best with conventional text fonts, but it might have a chance with a brush font (my stencil font just gave it spasms).
That was a big help, thanks! I found the font I was seeking -- I'm using it in my next cover redesign.

Steve
Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #29
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

The New Podler Review of Books reviewed The Losing Role this week. Reviewer David Drazul calls the novel "an excellent WWII espionage thriller that transcends the genre, making it a story that you don't have to be a history buff to enjoy."

http://thenewpodlerreviews.blogspot....-anderson.html

I hope you'll give it a look.

Thanks and happy reading,
Steve
Old 07-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #30
Steve Anderson
Addict

The Losing Role | 50% off for Smashwords July Sale

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that The Losing Role is 50% off for Smashwords' July Sale -- just use coupon code SWS50: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11265

Smashwords offers Kindle versions, by the way. So, just a few more days to grab this deal -- same goes for my other novels, False Refuge and Besserwisser: A Novel.

Thanks!

Happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 08-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Tags
espionage, fiction, historical, thriller, wwii