Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Spare battery pack only $39

Wow A spare battery for only $39. I like that a replacement isn't 1/2 the cost of the device

Here at sony site The eleventh item down

Son of a .... Now I'm back to considering the 900 over the 300 again.

Last edited by P.X. Fort; 01-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Depends on what you really want. Are periodicals, a large screen, 3G and touch important to you?

How much does the clearer screen of the 300 trump that?

EDIT: And it is always good to know that batteries are available for the 900. I'd wager a battery in the 300 would still last a ridiculous amount of time before it needs replacing. 2+ weeks a charge, times say, 200 charges (being conservative most batteries are closer to 300-400 charges) is about 400 weeks, or 7.6 years.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Dusty
Connoisseur
Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 300, T1
By the time the battery dies on my 300 there will be a few third party battery packs available, just like for my Palm Pilot.
There will also be some hack available allowing you to replace the actual battery.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Depends on what you really want. Are periodicals, a large screen, 3G and touch important to you?

How much does the clearer screen of the 300 trump that?

EDIT: And it is always good to know that batteries are available for the 900. I'd wager a battery in the 300 would still last a ridiculous amount of time before it needs replacing. 2+ weeks a charge, times say, 200 charges (being conservative most batteries are closer to 300-400 charges) is about 400 weeks, or 7.6 years.
Good point about the screen which I need to ask..
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote