Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
PLKERR
PLKERR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Paperwhite Upgrade defeats Calibre loading

Amazon foisted an upgrade on my Kindle Paperwhite a week or so ago. Since then, I have been unable to load books onto the Kindle from Calibre. Well, to be more specific, the books make their way onto the Kindle: a folder with the author's name is created in the "Documents" directory (the "author folder,") which contains a subfolder with the name of the author and the title of the book that has the extension *.sdr (the "sdr folder"), and the sdr folder contains an APNX file. The author folder ALSO contains a copy of the book itself in either mobi or azw format. Thus, I know that Calibre has physically transferred the book. HOWEVER, the "upgraded" Kindle doesn't recognize it or enable me to read it. I have found that, if I move the book out of the author folder altogether so that the mobi or azw file is directly contained in the "documents" directory, the Kindle then recognizes it, allows me to place it in a category, and lets me read it.

The point is, this new upgrade has had the effect of disabling the Calibre loading process and forcing me to sideload everything.

Any workaround or wisdom on this matter?
PLKERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Kindle indexer is getting stuck on some file. Unfortunately there is no easy way to tell which file is causing the problem. Delete all the files on your Kindle and resend them one by one (unplugging the device each time) to find the problem file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do you have the selector on the Kindle library screen set to downloaded? If not it won't show sideloaded content.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
PLKERR
PLKERR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, Kovidgoyal. I didn't take the time to reload all 208 books, but deleting and starting over did the trick.

And, I have to say, I absolutely love your software and recommend it to everyone I know.
PLKERR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon firmware update, calibre, kindle paperwhite