Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
sirbull
sirbull began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux
Exclamation Touch won't work on main menu... (PB Touch Lux)

I just got my brand new PocketBook Touch Lux, and decided to upgrade the firmware to 4.4 after I had tried it out. The update was sucessful, but when the main menu appeared, I couldn't navigate with touch any more! The menu icons is there, but the feed with current book etc. is not anymore.

It's possible to press and hold the home button to make a menu appear. From there, I can choose sleep, music, wifi, library and power. But I can't do anything else with my dear new device.

I'm 100% sure the firmware was/is the correct one, and I tried to reset, reboot and even reinstall firmware.

Is there any hope? How do I make the main menu touchable again?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Things startet to work again when I downgraded to FW 4.3. Anyone else experience problems with PB Touch Lux and FW 4.4? I want 4.4! :P

Last edited by sirbull; 11-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
sirbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
yes. I had the same problem.

I called the technical support and they ran me trough the upgrade process. It seems there are some problems with the auto update. So you have to download the update and run it by hand.

I noticed that problems seemed to disappear when deactivating the dropbox sync...
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Same problem, except that for me the Pb was totally bricked. I don't remember if I tried to press Home button. Pb was non blocked just after restart from update, but when I did some actions into the configuration.

It occurred on a PB that I've bought for a birthday, in 3 days. I've noticed that the release of the 4.4 firmware was slightly different than the one which is in *my* touch.

The automatically downloaded 4.4 FW, as well as the 4.4 FR downloaded on the site, is :

W623.4.4.246

the 4.4 FW I've installed one month ago on my PB 623 is the W623.4.4.180.

I seriously think there's a problem with the actual version of the FW.

I succed to downgrade in 4.3 version, but there is another problem, the books are not displayed correctly since they appear in very very small size, with text on 2 column, and cover is displayed half-cut, on the left side. Same thing on FW 4.2.

After having downgraded to 4.3 for the first time, at the end of the process I had a message indicating that an error occurred. But PB restart well.

ONce I've seen that everything goes well, I've upgraded again in 4.4, and after a few actions (changing theme, and choosing font for the general presentation), it was blocked again. So, I downgrade once more in 4.3, and since the problems of display were still present, I 've downgraded one more time, in 4.2 this time, and same problems for the display.

I've bought my PB Lux directly to PocketBook and it was produced in September 2013.

The one I've bought for this birthday present was produced in May 2013, and purchased to Amazon.fr

I will order a new one directly to PB and return to Amazon the defective product.

I will contact PB technical support on Monday, in order to obtain a 4.4.180 release.

In the future, I will never do automatic update, in order to always keep copy of the Firmware file on my Hard Drive, because I don't have an archive of the 4.4.180.

I was very happy with my PB after having done the 4.4.180 upgrade, because i've noticed that the reactivity of the PB was significantly increased (it was before in 4.1).

-------------------------

EditAfter an ultimate reinstallation of 4.4.246 Firmware, everything seems to be Okay. I've made intensive changes in all the control panels (systems and Adobe reader), and couldn't block it anymore.

However, I will call the technical support on Monday.

Last edited by PO40600; 11-30-2013 at 10:27 AM.
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, firmware, lux, pocketbook, touch