Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
CBZ on Paperwhite?

So I just got finished setting up a collection of comics for my son on his K3. I went through and converted his whole collection of pdf and loose jpg comics into CBZs. In the process I found a series I'd actually like to read myself on my Paperwhite but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this. I've come across several threads about Manga\Comic readers (Mangle, Komic, etc) but none of those apparently work for Paperwhites. There's another thread about converting the comics to .mobi's but if possible I'd much rather use the CBZ's I already have so I don't have to store duplicates and go through all the effort to convert each issue all over again. Is it possible to get these CBZ's to work on my Paperwhite? Is there some awesome program I can install on my kindle that will make the clouds part and the sun shine and let me do this without reconverting all of these again? Is there some amazing app that doesn't require me to understand python, own a mac, or install 50 bigillion programs on my computer and go through 15 steps to get this to work? Thanks for any help you can provide.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Can't read the format.

Only MOBI, or put all the images in a folder naming them sequentially
eg:
Code:
Comic 1\Title 1 - Page001.jpg
Comic 1\Title 1 - page002.jpg
Comic 1\Title 2 - Page001.jpg
Comic 1\Title 2 - Page002.jpg
Comic 2\Title 1 - Page001.jpg
Comic 2\Title 1 - page002.jpg
Comic 2\Title 2 - Page001.jpg
etc....
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Wink

You misread the other thread you replied to.
Get KCC (link in signature) and happy reading
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
So I just got finished setting up a collection of comics for my son on his K3. I went through and converted his whole collection of pdf and loose jpg comics into CBZs. In the process I found a series I'd actually like to read myself on my Paperwhite but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this. I've come across several threads about Manga\Comic readers (Mangle, Komic, etc) but none of those apparently work for Paperwhites. [...]
Isn't .CBZ simply a ZIP archive? Perhaps simply renaming the file with a zip-extension will do trick.
<http://kindlecookies.blogspot.co.at/2010/12/image-viewing-on-kindle.html> Or is this exactly the feaure which works on any Kindle but paperweight that you were refering to?
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Quote:
Originally Posted by ametzler View Post
Isn't .CBZ simply a ZIP archive? Perhaps simply renaming the file with a zip-extension will do trick.
<http://kindlecookies.blogspot.co.at/2010/12/image-viewing-on-kindle.html> Or is this exactly the feaure which works on any Kindle but paperweight that you were refering to?
AFAIK picture viewer (both by folder and by ZIP archive) has been removed by Amazon on the Kindle after the NT (so, Touch and PW does not have it)
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
AFAIK picture viewer (both by folder and by ZIP archive) has been removed by Amazon on the Kindle after the NT (so, Touch and PW does not have it)
There is still an image viewer, but you need to create a folder named 'Images' in top level and put image content in there. You can package images in .zip files or in folders inside the Images folder, .cbz is ignored. Items will be listed in a collection named Images (at end of 'all items' list when not in Title sort).

The viewer lacks much of the functionality of previous kindles. No zoom/pan for example.

Works on KT and PW.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
There is still an image viewer, but you need to create a folder named 'Images' in top level and put image content in there. You can package images in .zip files or in folders inside the Images folder, .cbz is ignored. Items will be listed in a collection named Images (at end of 'all items' list when not in Title sort).

The viewer lacks much of the functionality of previous kindles. No zoom/pan for example.

Works on KT and PW.
thanks for pointing this out, I didn't knew. I discovered Mobi-converted comics a bit more comfortable (on K3 too, now that it has PanelView), anyway... I don't really use "Panel View" features - 4-square autozooming - but it does solve some visual glitches on page turn and fullscreen that image viewer had.