Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Finally, changed job

Well, the right opportunity finally arrived. And a phone call changed my life and career's path.

After almost 10 years working for HP, I resigned and got a new job. I gave my two weeks notice a while ago and I'm off this whole week. I'll start on June 11th.

While I learned a lot... and I mean, a lot during those 9+ years, the amount of red tape and stress is insane. So many time zones, so many processes and limitations that instead of learning new stuff, I was becoming a less efficient DBA.

Just knowing that I won't wake up early in the morning and not to have over of 500 emails to read and reply daily, is a big relief, hahahaha.

I am so excited with my new opportunity. I'll get in touch with more programming and Windows administration, love that ...

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Congrats on the new job jocampo.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Congrats! Hope that you're able to enjoy the new position. As they say... Find something you love to do, and you'll never work a day in your life. Or, something like that.

Anyhow. Good luck!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
lovercase
lovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankindlovercase has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
Wow.congratulations!Enjoy your new job~
lovercase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Congrats! May your stress diminish as your enjoyment increaseth!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Congrats! May your stress diminish as your enjoyment increaseth!
Thanks Pooh! ...
Old 07-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

And after almost a month, so far, so good ... extremely happy ...

I don't have to worry about time zones and thousand of emails, like when I was working for HP.

I have total and complete control of my systems. Able to program, create scripts, much more freedom. We literally have no red tape.

Our boss usually let us leave early Friday, about 3pm? ... and it is a very relax working environment.

My coworkers are also nice and very professional. Really blessed and happy with the change.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
That is wonderful. It's great being able to leave early on a Friday.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
That is wonderful. It's great being able to leave early on a Friday.
I thought he was joking , but when I saw people actually leaving, I knew it was true. By the way, I'm salary.

But to be honest, I enjoy my job so much, that I am staying a bit longer and leave at 4pm or close to. It is also "normal" to me. Leaving so early feels weird.

On a side note, my new office is 30 min away from home, but 2 miles from a nice B&N I used to visited every Saturday. Isn't that a big coincidence? hahaha ... I know the area very well.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Congrats on the new job. Sounds great. I've done a lot of DB development (mostly in Access) and, if all I had to do was write SQL and VB I'd be happy. I actually dreamt in VB One night. I think I need a life.

Anyway, congrats on the better job.

SELECT from table Users Where Clue >0
Results Zero rows returned
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fantastic news and congratulations on being so lucky to have found a job that you love. I wish you the very best.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Congratulations.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote