Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Fire4Effect
Fire4Effect began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Save a .pdf email attachment

Hello, just grabbed my mom a Nook tablet for mother's day. I emailed her a few .pdf books that I had. She receives them in the stock email program that comes with the nook, and also sees the .pdf attachment. Problem is when you press or long press on the attachment it doesn't do anything. How can she save the .pdf to her nook?
Fire4Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If you Open the pdf while reading the email it is attached to (using the button that appears), it first downloads it to the Nook and then opens it. You can then find it later in Library>MyNook>MyFiles>My Downloads. You can then open it again (read it), delete it, etc.

I don't know any way to save it to the Nook without opening it in the email program when you are looking at the email it is attached to.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Fire4Effect
Fire4Effect began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
If you Open the pdf while reading the email it is attached to (using the button that appears), it first downloads it to the Nook and then opens it. You can then find it later in Library>MyNook>MyFiles>My Downloads. You can then open it again (read it), delete it, etc.

I don't know any way to save it to the Nook without opening it in the email program when you are looking at the email it is attached to.
Right, but I don't see an open button next to the attachment. The attachment is there, but I tap on it and nothing happens.
Fire4Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I don't understand that, because anytime I get a pdf attachment, when I read the email there is an Open button beside the PDF. Maybe you should try rebooting?

One reason could be, I suppose, that I have an added app for reading PDFs, but somehow I don't think that could be the reason because my email program is the default Nook one and I doubt if it would be requiring an app to use the open pdf feature.

Perhaps it is the way the pdf is attached? I mean, there are inline attachments and regular attachments, I think. It's very strange that we are seeing this difference (and bad for you).

Edit: one other potential culprit - I have a SD card installed in my Nook. SOme features do not work without a card installed. It doesn't seem likely that this is one of those features, because the pdf is downloaded to the built-in storage, not the card, but you never know with this stuff. I'd try installing a card if you don't already have one.

Anyone else have a clue why this user sees no Open button?

Last edited by RAH; 05-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote