Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
Switch
Switch began at the beginning.

Device: None.
Help with margins

I'm trying to convert an RTF document with 1" margins all around to PDF with 1" margins all around. My problem ends up being that I have 1" margins on the side, but I do not have 1" margins on the top or bottom. I've checked everything to make sure it works as it should, but it does not. Nothing I do makes a difference. Is there a way to fix this?
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Your problem description implies that you are trying to generate a PDF that would look the same on paper as the printed RTF. If so, is there some reason that you don't use a pdf printer to do the conversion? Google finds zillions of sites with instructions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
Switch
Switch began at the beginning.

Device: None.
Yes, I can do that. I know I can.

But if Calibre won't format it as I want, why is RTF an input option? I downloaded Calibre so I didn't have to wait 20 minutes for a conversion.

Edit: Bah. I totally forgot I had CutePDF installed. I will use that from now on for these types of documents. Thanks for the help, you reminded me!

Last edited by Switch; 04-30-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:53 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
But if Calibre won't format it as I want, why is RTF an input option? I downloaded Calibre so I didn't have to wait 20 minutes for a conversion.
Calibre is p0rimarily focussed on creating reflowable text formats (such as EPUB) for use in eBook reader devices, so keeping the exact look and feel of the original is a secondary consideration.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margins