Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
How to download...

I'm trying to download the free titles from Adobe, Firefox is set up to open Adobe Digital Editions automatically for files *.acsm, that happens, I click download, windows asks me if it's okay to open the program, ADE opens...nothing happens, I have the .acsm file but no matter how many times I click on it ADE does nothing
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I'm trying to download the free titles from Adobe, Firefox is set up to open Adobe Digital Editions automatically for files *.acsm, that happens, I click download, windows asks me if it's okay to open the program, ADE opens...nothing happens, I have the .acsm file but no matter how many times I click on it ADE does nothing
Have you looked in the My Digital Editions folder? I was fooled by that for a while.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Have you looked in the My Digital Editions folder? I was fooled by that for a while.

Regards, Alex
Yes, nothing there.

EDIT: Clicked on the .acsm again and it seems to have worked, ADE must be tempramental...

Last edited by seagull; 12-14-2009 at 05:08 AM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Same problem here. I'd welcome any suggestions.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Same problem here. I'd welcome any suggestions.

-Marcy
My problem was you can't use Chrome. I switched to IE and got the books fine.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Seems to work OK in Firefox, but I have noticed with other products that Adobe is very 'dedicated' to IE. It might work (for me) in Firefox because I installed the IETab extension. Or that might have nothing to do with it as I see no sign that it's using that extension.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Downloading DRMed ePub with Firefox does indeed work fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote