Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO shipping schedule!!

Right on schedule, we will receive the White and the Black Pocket PROs within four days and will immediately fill all orders for Black or White!! Reviewers need them immediately so we will fill all orders for these two at once.

We also did not do bad with the colored units. They will ship out tonight from the factory... but China Customs has to ensure that the paint used meets all standards enforced in the USA. The USA asked for such additional screening and China is doing it. This should delay about four days. Then they ship to the USA via Air Freight. This will be the first time that colored Pocket PROs go through China customs and they have to ensure they are right.

U.S. Customs has informed us that they have to check China's work to ensure compliance. This should take 2-3 days.

It may go faster, but we think a worse case scenario is that they will ship in 9-10 working days!!

You KNOW how hard it is to estimate ship dates. We predicted August 31 months ago and we are hitting that date very close. I hope all will be happy with this. Astak, of course, has no power over Customs Agents.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Whoop!

I ordered a black one so I for one am extremely pleased you're not gonna wait for all the colours to arrive before shipping

Kinda glad I didn't succumb to the allure of the slate blue one now might order one of those for my stepfather for Christmas though, he's almost as avid a reader as I am.

Thanks for the update Robert.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Is it too late to put in an order for a white one?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
... but China Customs has to ensure that the paint used meets all standards enforced in the USA.
So the plastic on the colored units is painted to get the color, not molded in that color? I'm wondering about the durability of the finish.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
The colour is molded into the plastic.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Email to Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Is it too late to put in an order for a white one?
Dear lugmaninbmore:

Not too late yet!! Email to rubyl@astak.com to change your color order!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Thanks for the update, Robertb -- I preordered the slate blue as well, and will be gritting my teeth for those extra few days!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the ants are multiplying....
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Robertb

The color is molded in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So the plastic on the colored units is painted to get the color, not molded in that color? I'm wondering about the durability of the finish.
Dear AnemicOak:

The color is molded into the plastic. Griffonwing is right. But, China still has to assure that the resin molded in does not have any substance banned by the USA.

The color will last for the life of the unit and should not even be bothered by fingerprints.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
Robertb

Thank you for understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
Thanks for the update, Robertb -- I preordered the slate blue as well, and will be gritting my teeth for those extra few days!

Dear Morlac:

I have seen the Slate Blue and it is incredible. The other colors are popular too, and I should not pronounce my favorite... but you are going to be very pleased and the extra wait will be worth it!!

We even may get surprised and they will sail thru both customs. I am trying to give pessimistic timelines so as not to build up a false hope.

Our man in Taiwan managed to get this moving and I praise his efforts highly!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dear AnemicOak:

The color is molded into the plastic. Griffonwing is right. But, China still has to assure that the resin molded in does not have any substance banned by the USA.

The color will last for the life of the unit and should not even be bothered by fingerprints.
Ok, thanks. That's what I though, but when you mentioned paint I had to ask to be sure.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #12
Robertb

Possibly IF you did not

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
the ants are multiplying....
Dear Griffonwing:

Possibly if you did not sit on the toilet eatting southern chicken and southern-fried fish... perhaps you could get rid of the ants!

I wanted to ask your honest opinion. Ever since we have all been moved to this Astak Forum I fear that being NOT out under MR Forum News Astak may not be capturing many new members. What do you think?

While I like this Designated Astak Forum... perhaps if it is not out there on the News forum just maybe we do not get noticed as much!

Thoughts?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

I guess it depends on how folks read the forum. Personally I use the 'new posts' feature unless I'm checking for some specific info on something. So even though I've never specifically visited the Astak forum I still see all the posts made there.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #14
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:

I wanted to ask your honest opinion. Ever since we have all been moved to this Astak Forum I fear that being NOT out under MR Forum News Astak may not be capturing many new members. What do you think?

While I like this Designated Astak Forum... perhaps if it is not out there on the News forum just maybe we do not get noticed as much!

Thoughts?
I personally like these sort of posts here, it makes following the news on certain devices more manageable. But once you actually have a firm date(like for example "Shipping out on the 31st" or "NOW") I feel its fair to post that on the News Board or foward a Press Release or Shipping information to one of the moderators so they can either post it on the front page or in the news forum.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

If you notice, the main News forum has constant threads of the new Sony and Kindle news, so don't feel that EVERYTHING should stay in this Astak forum. This forum is mainly for questions regarding users. How do I do this, tips, tricks, etc..

Any new information can still be made in the News and Commentary section.

At least, this is how I interpret the forum structure. Anyone else have some thoughts?

Last edited by griffonwing; 08-27-2009 at 04:01 PM.