Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Size of icons/buttons

Okay, I feel like an idiot, but... I just updated to 0.7.9, and suddenly the buttons (Add Books, Edit Metadata) are all huge again, and for the life of me I cannot find where I select the size. I could have sworn it was in Preferences/Interface, but I must be blind or stupid, because I just don't see it there. What am I missing? Can someone help?

I really can't stand them being this large - especially these new ones, which, I hate to say, I find incredibly...not so much ugly individually as unattractive/inconsistent as a group, and also confusing (e.g., the recycling symbol for Remove Books, and the search magnifying glass symbol for View), and I prefer to keep them as small as possible so I can just focus on the text beneath them. I just can't figure out how!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can't reduce their size anymore. The reason is that the location bar and toolbar have been combined into one.

And incidentally, the old icons also had a magnifying glass for view.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh and I forgot to mention that controlling the toolbar size will be restored in the next release (I just didn't have time to re-implement it for 0.7.9)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
At least I wasn't missing something - and I'm glad to hear that it will be restored; I like having that flexibility. Thanks for letting me know.

I decided to post my comments about the look of the icons in the thread devoted to that issue, though it's an older one, rather than getting off-topic here!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
riverteeth
Enthusiast
riverteeth began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I agree. I'm all for being able to reduce the size of the icons. Screen real-estate is at a primium on my laptop!
riverteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverteeth View Post
I agree. I'm all for being able to reduce the size of the icons. Screen real-estate is at a primium on my laptop!
Try it on a netbook!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote