Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #301
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
You cannot create an iTunes Store account without a credit card or valid payment.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2731

You CAN create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card or valid payment.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534
App Store, iTunes Store, two different stores no?
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #302
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
App Store, iTunes Store, two different stores no?
This is not about two different stores, it is about two different sign-up procedures for the same store.

My point was that, as HansTWN seemed to discover, you cannot currently sign up for an iTunes Store account without a credit card IF you try to sign up through the main iTunes store. He said he did not see NONE as an option.

If you go to the App Store, select a free app, and then go thru the registration process, you will see NONE as a Payment option.

Once you go thru this admittedly non-logical and convoluted process (following Apple's confusingly named Support Documents) you will in fact have an iTunes Store account, not just an App Store account (which doesn't exist on its own, since its not a different store), and without any (Pre-) Payment requirements.

(I just tested it with an extra gmail account I had, it worked with no problems-I got the NONE payment option)

Last edited by kjk; 10-20-2009 at 11:17 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #303
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

My apologies. I came back to this thread because I forgot the exact method for using MobiDedrm, and Jon's post got me all flustered. I didn't really read below it.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #304
galavanter
Zealot

There is a new version of kindlepid.py. Google azw-0.2.zip. It generates a different 10 digit PID, without an asterisk.

My old PID stopped working. You might find yours has to, at least on a new iPhone/Touch sync/extraction.

I suspect it was last weeks Kindle App update that broke it, though it could have happened before that.

I don't know if this pertains to the Kindle or not. I sold mine when I got the Touch.

Many thanks to aria110 for this.

Last edited by galavanter; 10-26-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Tags
iphone/ipod touch, kindle