Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Gmail tools

Ray Angel's Gmail Info Hub has links to several interesting tools built for Gmail users, including Pop Goes the Gmail, previously linked here, and G-Mailto, which intercepts mailto links and directs them to Gmail rather than a local email program. Useful stuff for dedicated Gmail users!

It also carries a rumor that Gmail will be going live in the next week or so. This would make sense given the responses coming now from Yahoo and Hotmail.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I love how people are banding together to make GMail even cooler than it already is.

Netizens rule.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Another cool tool I found is Gtray which sits in your system tray, checks gmail on a custom set interval, then pops up a balloon message in the tray if you have new mail. Works with IE, and the author offers no support. On my XP laptop it works well, but I don't get the balloon announcement. Still a much easier way to check my gmail by simply double clicking the tray icon and it opens IE, logs in gmail, and viola.

ed. Well, today the balloon's working, so who knows. Be aware that when it checks for gmail, you'll lose window focus, thus interupting what you're doing elsewhere while it works, but you can also turn off auto check and just use the tray icon as an easy double-click way to autologin and quickly check gmail. Still cool, and the author may improve it over time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gtray.gif
Views:	499
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	343  
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
GARY!!!!!!!!!

(sorry about that uncontrolled frenzy, only happy to see an old friend again )
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
GARY!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Alex! Slowly making my way back to the real world. Hope to start appearing back here more. Gee, you remodeled the old place while I was gone! Sorry, going off topic!
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
<insert>Garrrrrrry </insert unbridled enthusiasm>

You should totally try PGTGM. I'm loving it.

Oh, and, errrr, welcome back or something.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
gvtexas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
You should totally try PGTGM. I'm loving it.
I checked that out too, but alas (and alack) it doesn't work cleanly (yet) with Outlook 2003 so that leaves me out...but I may yet try it.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:00 AM   #8
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Two more interesting PHP scripts for Gmail :
- Gmail RSS Feeds (get information on your Gmail inbox via RSS feed; also attached here)
- Gmail File Backup System (abuse your Gmail account for storing and restoring file backups)
Attached Files
File Type: zip gmail_rss_02.zip (4.5 KB, 537 views)
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Interesting backup scripts. I was also thinking of writing a small application which would automatically upload and download files to your Gmail account. But it won't make Google very happy, because people abusing their mail system in such a way can put *a lot* of stress on Google's servers.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote