Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
i62 does not powers on after standby

I've just receive my i62 from Ereader Store and I'm having a little problem with it.

Once I send it to standby it does not powers on. Not pressing any key and/or screen. It only powers on after pressing reset and power buttons.

Any idea to solve this issue?

Is there any firmware update for it? Current firmware is 1.7 20120423.

Edit to add: it only happens when suspended. If I manually power off it by menu option, it powers on without trouble.

Last edited by rfog; 06-25-2012 at 08:56 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I've just receive my i62 from Ereader Store and I'm having a little problem with it.

Once I send it to standby it does not powers on. Not pressing any key and/or screen. It only powers on after pressing reset and power buttons.

Any idea to solve this issue?

Is there any firmware update for it? Current firmware is 1.7 20120423.

Edit to add: it only happens when suspended. If I manually power off it by menu option, it powers on without trouble.
Hi,

some weeks ago I had experienced similar behavior by my sample testing device. But after a couple of recharging cycles the problem has gone and does not appear anymore. So I was not able to figure out, what might cause that behavior. Just some assumptions.

Next week I will publish a software update for i62HD, that among other things should solve that issue.

I would in the meantime suggest you to power off the device completely (don't set it in standby mode).

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-25-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Boxtor!

Thanks for your fast answer.

Once I've found it is a firmware problem and discovered that does not happens when powering off, I've changed the option to power it off automatically.

I will wait for your update.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
rfog
Guru

I think I've found a solution for this problem and two more I had but I do not reported here.

After a internal flash format, all started working well. Now it suspends an resumes well and solves other issues.

Booxtor, perhaps your "couple of recharging cycles" were a internal flash format. BTW, I've not charged since received.

There can be another potential problem with microSD: if microSD has an internal problem (bad format, files bad FAT allocated) or simply it is broken (bad sectors), you can experience the same problem and strange others not described here.

BTW, I solved this by chance. I has trying to format external SD and used the Boox menu for that... I selected Format option, read it was internal one, want to select no but I pressed yes with my fingers like frankfurt sausages... Now I do not know if Boox came with some boox or other stuff into internal SD disk.